Thread: Sorry, Off Topic, I've been flashed

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, Off Topic, I've been flashed

I went through a speed camera (30p mph limit), I was only doing 32-33, but never the less I was speeding, I'm sat here fretting about the prospect of points on my licence. This happened over 3 weeks ago, how long does it normally take to receive the ticket when you got flashed by a static speed camera?.
    I'm praying it doesn't arrive because, as I saw the flash in my rear view mirror a transit van overtook me, I may be panicking over nothing, it could have been the transit.
    A friend told me it can take up to 6 months to arrive , surly that isn't right,what do you guys think
    Thanks in advance
    Lynn

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You should be in the clear mate, theyre allowed 14 days + a few extra in case of weekends and bank holidays... 21 days should be fine
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They would have to issue the NIP (Notice of intended prosecution) within 14 days of the offence. Then they have up to 6mnths in which to prosecute you. Sounds like you've gotten away with it tbh. You werent that far over, and remember speedos over read anyway. plus the fact not all scameras are actually live, just in mimmick mode where they flash to scare people.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank chaps, I have been out of my mind here, in the past I used to be a bit of a speed merchant, but these days I'm a good girl lol. Then this flash and only just over.... I felt sick, every morning when the post arrives my stomach ends up in my throat lol
    Maybe I will breath easy now
    Lynn
    P.S sorry for posting in the wrong place

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    I've seen cameras flash without any traffic around. I laughed my head off. I know people have been flashed 6-7 times now with nowt throught the post.

Fingers crossed for ya
    jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Jam lol, the reason I'm panicking sooooo much is I know this camera is LIVE, it's opposite a college where my SIL works, she told me loads of staff and students have had tickets after they got flashed.
    KEEP THEM FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME
    Lynn

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Camera flashes, like most flashes build up a charge, and occassionally have to discharge to stop from causing any damage. usually noone is about when this happens, you may have caught it when it was doing this. i have known it to happen to a couple of people.

It also could've been the transit. if you were within the law, then dont fret it, 3 miles per hour isnt really alot, and would more than likely get overlooked, although that kind of mentaility would be wrong, because it is still OVER THE LIMIT, and they wold be well within thier rights to prosecute, they generally dont worry over 3 mph though.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They have 14 days to issue a NIP (notice of intended prosicution) to the registered owner. Outside of this its out of date.

The only problem comes when your not the registered keeper. ie its a hire or company car. They then have to tell police who was driving and then you get the fine etc

check out

http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/Home/Menu1.htm

you should be ok at 32 in a 30

Chris
    04/02/71 to 09/05/09 - RIP BMC

Brevior saltare com deformibus mulieribus est vita

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A camera flashed me once and I was doing about 35. I was in Kingston and couldn't find my way back to the motorway and was too busy looking at signs to find my way, but I never got anything through, so I wouldn't worry about it

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just as a passing comment.. and I'm not entirely sure how accurate this is but i've been told by people who should be in the know that there's around a 7% allowance on those cameras AND that 90% of the flashes never come to anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast