Thread: MFD Dead please Help!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MFD Dead please Help!!

After one week I installed a New JVC head unit the MFD went dead, very odd why after 1 week, not immediately? 2 days after that, the MFD was keep flicker for a day when driving???

I've plug and unplug the fuse No. 13, 22, 34. still not work!!!

yesterday, I've installed an LCD screen for the new head unit! so I can have chance to remove battery connection (both positive and negative), however after I finish the screen installation and reconnect the battery, the MFD still not work. By the way, the Head Unit & screen works fine.

Don't know why? should I get some stronger fuses to replace with the old one, such as to replace an 20A with old 10A?

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Please mention what car and model you have in all queries !

You've probably just blown bulbs.....so you'll need to remove the front centre console to access the display unit, and change bulbs.

NEVER change values of standard fuses IT CAN BE DANGEROUS

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M40COO
    Please mention what car and model you have in all queries !

You've probably just blown bulbs.....so you'll need to remove the front centre console to access the display unit, and change bulbs.

NEVER change values of standard fuses IT CAN BE DANGEROUS

Thanks, it's year 2002 Astra 5 door 1.8L Automatic.

everytime, when I strat the engine the MFD will have one flash, then went off, after that. could be the connection!?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Sometimes when the bulbs go them flicker on, first point would be to replace them anyway

Also never replace the fuses with a higher amperage one as the wiring is designed for the rating. I had a Nissan in the other day at work where a 15amp fuse had been replaced for a 30amp one which resulted in the car smoking alot while the customer was driving down the motorway at speed scaring the sh!t out of him
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks
    Sometimes when the bulbs go them flicker on, first point would be to replace them anyway

Also never replace the fuses with a higher amperage one as the wiring is designed for the rating. I had a Nissan in the other day at work where a 15amp fuse had been replaced for a 30amp one which resulted in the car smoking alot while the customer was driving down the motorway at speed scaring the sh!t out of him

Thanks for you advance!

so, I will have to remove the center console this time, to check the connection and MFD bulbs, and where can I get the MFD bulbs? have to from dealer? OK I'll double check all the fuses to make sure! - cheers