Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do I do with this...pics...

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What do I do with this...pics...

Arrived this morning...

(VXR backbox)

This is how i want it to sit...

...gave the zorst fitters a call and they quoted £45 to fit a remus pipe and flare it up from 2" to 2.25" to fit this backbox...but i think they got it wrong...They havn't taken into account whether the cars are different lengths and that the vxr is centre exit where as the G isn't...

also...if i want the zorst tip to fit nicely into the reiger bumper (as in the 3rd pic) on the passenger side...the exhaust tip will have to be flipped upside down as I don't think the backbox will fit under the car (refer to the 1st pic and imagine it under the car)...will be too far over to the passenger side

before I call up again wanted to know roughly how I can get this to fit? is it possible to flip the tip upside down? or would they flip it from somewhere else...? will feel better if i tell them what i want done, instead of leaving it completely in their hands

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You're aswell getting any new backbox...
    ...and cutting off the end of the VXR one and welding that to another backbox (one that'll fit )

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    exhaust guys said the 2" to 2.25" isn't a problem as its so far back in the system...if they will have to cut off the tailpipe are re-weld it onto another backbox...whats wrong with modding the vxr one to fit?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i would say it would be best to cut the tip off and have it put on a custom back box or sell that on and get one like brett has on his mk4 ??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    only way i see it fitting is if you cut the 's' bend out, leaving enough room to weld on the tail piece. then again the backbox may be too big/too small for that area. mounting will be an issue too. best to get the car on a ramp and have the exhaust guy to look at it.

Coo's idea would be hassle free. and all that cutting and shutting will cost you near enough the same.
    "Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself"

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking at the shape of the vxr box to the standard box it looks the same shape and size. so could'nt you just cut a reweld the tip on??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The VXR system is identical to that used on the AStra G hatch back, the only difference is the tail pipe kinks round and exits in the centre.

Therefore all you need to do is to cut the tip off the tail box and the pipe at the box and fit a straight bit in.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K3FUS
    The VXR system is identical to that used on the AStra G hatch back, the only difference is the tail pipe kinks round and exits in the centre.

Therefore all you need to do is to cut the tip off the tail box and the pipe at the box and fit a straight bit in.

There you go then - all is not lost

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know what you want but don't you recon it'll look pretty cool having it center exit? Ok you will have to fill the recess on the the passenger side of the bumper but I recon it'll look pretty sweet.
    If you don't mind me asking how much is a VXR backbox?
    Cheers Paul

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K3FUS

good news! thanks

local fitters should be able to sort that out for not too much dosh then hopefully...

in picture 2...the pipe at the bottom...infront of the backbox...will that fit the mk4 system? or is the angle wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast