Thread: induction kit or de-restrict mod

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

induction kit or de-restrict mod

what are peoples opinion because i have done the de-restrict mod and im wanting abit more engine noise. will an induction kit give me the same benifits as the other mod what are the best but not to loud kits to buy. cheers guys
    Astra Coupe SE2 - lowered , de-restricted and soon to be mapped NEW WHEELS ***autobiography below***
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=334120

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it would be better if ya keep as is cause with a induction cone the heat of the engine get to it more causeing loss of power in my opinon
    18/16v mk 4 astra saloon bmc cda a Ffoeg special veccy pipe full catback system full entainment system 17inches lowered 40mm all round

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 1.8 sri. I have had a pipercross cone filter on it, a universal enclosed cone filter and now I have a de-restricted airbox with a k&n filter inside. I think that the de-restricted airbox with the k&n is by far the best. Its a lot smoother and more responsive and it gives a nice growl on full throttle too.

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    simple answer is derestrict, panel filter, and fit a veccy C pipe...but...if you want to look flash or are going for big power then you should go for a BMC CDA or Piper Viper...otherwise it's not really worth it

the difference on power gain between the two on a standard engine is minimal

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have a pipercross cone filter as the doctor says i would change it back but after what i have done i dont really want to
    i just done a Ffoeg special by turning 1 veccy pipe into two
    18/16v mk 4 astra saloon bmc cda a Ffoeg special veccy pipe full catback system full entainment system 17inches lowered 40mm all round

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    keep it deristricted with veccy c pipe and panel filter. induction kits suck!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a K&N 57i kit on my SRi 190 Turbo - don't believe what you hear about the heat issue - as soon as you start to move, there is enough airflow in the engine bay to make any differences negligable.

If you've got a turbo, you can hear the whistle through it quite nicely - none turbo should give you a nice induction roar!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers peeps this is what i wanted a mix of opinions i have always put them on cars and loved the sound i just want to know which is more benifical to my car and what makes of kits are recomended i.e ram air raid hp quickshift piper k&n apiro cheers guys
    Astra Coupe SE2 - lowered , de-restricted and soon to be mapped NEW WHEELS ***autobiography below***
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=334120

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers john for making me pic smaller i dont know how i hope it aint inother point against me

Status
    South West RO
    was Shane_SRI
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have tried both the k+n 57i and a normal airbox. The 57i sucked balls, all it does is draws in is hot air from the engine and kill power in a big way, even a cold air feed did little to improve it. As said, go with a derestricted airbox, decent panel filter and veccy c pipe for best performance.

If you have got some spare cash and want something that looks a bit special get a BMC CDA, K+N Apollo or Pipercross Viper.
    Defend Freedom. You are the resistance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast