Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norwich Union Direct Rapid Bonus... AVOID!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Norwich Union Direct Rapid Bonus... AVOID!

Has anyone ever used this?? My advice would be dont!! Just come to renewal time and they tell me that I cannot take my 9 months ("1 year") no claims to another company

Basically I had 1 year no claims bonus when I moved to NUD and took on a 12 month policy, giving me 2 years no claims, then come renewal I think "sod it Ill try the rapid bonus" coz they dont say that its not transferrable, surely theyd point out something so significant ... This year when it comes to renewal surprise surprise their 9 month policy is now more expensive than most others 12 months so I change over to Endsleigh and tell them I have 3 years no claims. They ask for proof of no claims, no problem, so i send them the renewal quote stating "33 months (Equivalent to 3 years NCD)" which ends up lost in the post

So I ring NUD and tell them I want confirmation of the NCD send in the post so I can resend it to Endsleigh and the woman says "Sorry but I cant send you confirmation of 9 months no claims, its not transferrable, and no other company will accept it". Hmmm, so what happened to the other 2 years...?? And why did your website never state this?? "Oh we have no record of you having 2 years. If you take on a 9 month policy it effectively starts from '0' and doesnt add to an existing bonus. I cant understand why youd go for a 9 month policy when you already have 2 years anyway, it makes no sense, its not designed for that."
    At which point I point out their website states you can apply for a 9 month policy so long as youre under 29 and have less than 4 yrs NCD. No answer. "Im sorry Mr Yates, but had you rung us instead of purchasing via the web we would have informed you of the possible implications"
    To which I reply "Excuse me?! So youre saying its my fault?!" and the bint says "Yes...", I couldnt believe the cheek of her!! so why allow you to purchase via the net anyway?!?!
    Thanks to their "rapid bonus" ive now rapidly lost 3 yrs no claims! What the hell do I do now?! Im just praying my proof of no claims on the renewal form will miraculously reappear soon else Im stuffed!
    Sorry for the long rant guys, anyone else had a similar experience?
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been saying this for years. The only reason they offer the "rapid bonus" is so you will stay with them.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would read your policy to see if it states it in there, if not then contact insurance ombudsman
    My ambition is to live forever,.. so far so good

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    contact the insurance ombisman (spelling)

explain the situation and deman your 2 years at least

at the end of the day thats faulse advertising
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it can also be classed as blackmail,because if you dont stay with them then will not honour the original offer, this has just hit the news where i stay albeit its with and electric company but the principal is exactly the same
    My ambition is to live forever,.. so far so good

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Plus you can contact you previous insurance company and ask them to send you prove of the 2 years you've accrued previously.

They should still have all your details on file, and unless i'm mistaken (Sten?) you'll still be able to use those.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive just spoken to Endsleigh again and theyre gunna have a word with NUD and see what they can get out of them, basically ask them how long ive been insured with them and to their knowledge how long Ive been insured without claiming.
    Good idea bout checking my policy and getting on to the Insurance Ombudsman guys...
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigY

at the end of the day thats faulse advertising
    Sorry to Jack your thread, but talking about false advertising, has anyone seen the "Challenge Churchill" advert for car insurance? in there advert they say they guarentee to beat any renewal quote if you haven't claimed in the last 3 years.

Okay I thought and did an online quote, my quote came out at £545 fully comp + protected NCB, did exactly the same quote with my insurance company Admiral and they came out at £312 fully comp + protected so what is that all about?! come on Churchill you cant just make false allergations and not back them up!

Anyway back to original thread.....
    Cleanest car awarded 'Fast Show' 2006 & 2007

Total Vauxhall featured Sept 2007

COUPE NOW SOLD

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    agree with keif, IIRC no claims is usually valid for something like 3 years, so the 2 years you had with your insurer prior to starting the contract with NU should still be valid.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keif
    Plus you can contact you previous insurance company and ask them to send you prove of the 2 years you've accrued previously.

They should still have all your details on file, and unless i'm mistaken (Sten?) you'll still be able to use those.
    Very true Keif, your NCB is valid for 2 or 3 years depending on the insurer.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast