Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: JVC wire connection help!!!

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    meltom's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    JVC wire connection help!!!

    I've got a JVC KD-DV4205 head unit, apart from RR, FR, FL & RL speakers' connection, it's have others

    1. (Black) to metallic body or chassis of the car
    2. (Yellow) to a live terminal in the fuse block connectiong to the car battery (bypassing the ignition switch) (constant 12v)
    3. (Red) to an accessory terminal in the fuse block
    4. (Blue) to automatic antenna if any (250 mA max)
    5. (Blue with white stripe) to remote lead of other equipment (200 mA max)
    6. (Light green) to parking brake, metallic body or chassis of the car

    as I understand
    1. ground
    2. positive
    3. ?? (don't know)
    4. antenna (for radio)
    5. ?? (don't know)
    6. ?? (don't know- why need to connect with parking brake anyway?)


    from the factory HU (Blaupunkt) ISO chart I can see these connection apart from speaker connection.
    SDA,
    TEL-AUD,
    SCL,
    MRQ,
    DIAG,
    A-GND,
    SDVC,
    SWC,
    TEL-MUTE,
    12V IGN,
    ILLUM,
    12V BATT,
    and another two pictures the funny Y looks like an antenna,
    and 3 horizontal lines



    JVC BLAUPUNKT
    1 = ?
    2 = ?
    3 = ?
    4 = ?
    5 = ?
    6 = ?


    Can anyone help me with the wire connection, please!!! many thinks

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Coo's Avatar
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    25,105
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, welcome....

    DO you not have an ISO connector on the headunit ??
    Save having to make all those connections.

    3 is an accessory live - only when ignition is on ...so 12V IGN
    5 is for switching on any attached amplifiers (so dont worry about that)
    6 is so that you can only play DVD's when the car is parked - a safety issue.
    (although it does say you can earth it)

    There are ways round no.6 if sttaching it stops the unit playing whilst on the move....

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    meltom's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M40COO
    Hi, welcome....

    DO you not have an ISO connector on the headunit ??
    Save having to make all those connections.

    3 is an accessory live - only when ignition is on ...so 12V IGN
    5 is for switching on any attached amplifiers (so dont worry about that)
    6 is so that you can only play DVD's when the car is parked - a safety issue.
    (although it does say you can earth it)

    There are ways round no.6 if sttaching it stops the unit playing whilst on the move....
    Thanks you very much for your kindly help!!!

    unfortunately I cannot get any ISO connectors around here, so the connection should be:

    1 = A-GND
    2 = 12 BATT
    3 = 12 IGN
    4 = antenna
    5 = don't connect
    6 = don't connect (that I can playing DVD when move)

    am I right!?

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Autosparks's Avatar
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Location
    N/W London
    Posts
    39,745
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meltom
    1 = A-GND
    2 = 12 BATT
    3 = 12 IGN
    4 = antenna
    5 = don't connect
    6 = don't connect (that I can playing DVD when move)

    am I right!?
    Nearly there

    1 = A-GND
    2 = 12 BATT
    3 = 12 IGN
    4 = antenna
    5 = don't connect
    6 = Needs to be connected to the handbrake so you can watch DVD's with the handbrake on or to earth so you can watch DVD's all the time. Not connecting it will mean you will never be able to watch DVD's
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason





  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    meltom's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks
    Nearly there

    1 = A-GND
    2 = 12 BATT
    3 = 12 IGN
    4 = antenna
    5 = don't connect
    6 = Needs to be connected to the handbrake so you can watch DVD's with the handbrake on or to earth so you can watch DVD's all the time. Not connecting it will mean you will never be able to watch DVD's


    Thanks your tips mate!!!
    about 6, is the earth mean "A-GND"?, so Do I need to join both 1 and 6 with "A-GND" point? if not which point should I join 6 with?

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Autosparks's Avatar
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Location
    N/W London
    Posts
    39,745
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Yeah join them together so they go to the same point
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason





  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    meltom's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks all the helps guys, I've already installed the Head Unit correctly, and will install an 7" screen when I get it.

    Wish you all the best!

Similar Threads

  1. accessory wire connection ?
    By andharv007 in forum Electrical
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 19:26
  2. What Wire Loom? What connection?
    By ukez in forum Electrical
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-09-2006, 18:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •