Thread: No heated seats plug... need some help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No heated seats plug... need some help

First of all... I have search and read for hours onto the net and here esspecially here in the forum for a solution but I couldn't find a anthing for my "problem".

I want to install heated seats into my 2.0 DTi but unlike 99,9% of the Astra-owners I do not have the black and green plugs and, as far as I can see, nothing is prewired.
    I have the elements already here and the black box" under the seats are there but not prewired for heated seats

I went to the scrappy and took the black and green plugs out of another mk4. Unfortunately it was not possible to get most of the loom out of te wreck.

So I guess with the original plugs and the elements wiring can be done but ehmmm how ???

Is there anybody who have full and detailed scheme on how to conect the plugs and seats and how to make a DIY loom ?

Cheers !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As far as im aware mate, everyone who has done it has used the original loom. But theres nothing like being the first though eh. Shouldn't be too difficult, one wire will be your live from the fuse box to the switch. Another from the switch to the element. One will be a light switch live so the light in the switch comes on when you turn your lights on.(you could take this off your cigerette lighter, easy) and the final one will be the lights return to earth, simple, i think lol.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Personally if you have to have a full and detailed diagram on how to wire up the heated seats you probably not the sort of person who should be attempting to do this job (no offence meant)

As mattcoupeturbo says though it should be a fairly easy job
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @autosparks

No I do not feel offended, not at all. But having nothing more then 2 switches and 2 elements didn't gave me much confident on the first place. So I thought... let's shop overseas for an answer.

In the mean time I have made myself a DIY loom (all cables are running through the black tube under the seats (no idea what the right word is for this thing)) to the console. All what is left to do if installing the elements and 2 fuses.

Cheers from Holland

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get some pics up then mate

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcoupturbo
    get some pics up then mate
    Shoot ! Did I knew this before then I would've taken some snapshots.
    But I didn't
    It's all done... Just needed 2 fuses and then it was BBQ time.