Thread: astra coupe 2.2

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra coupe 2.2

hi, im new astra sport and to vauxhalls, i have the 2.2 coupe been need more power, any ideas, its totally standard right now, was thinking of a turbo, would the 2.0 turbo and fittings work.

Got air filter and larger intake pipe in post, exhaust is soon, but need some help, cheers

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Matthew and welcome to AS - I've moved your thread to the correct forum where you'll get a better response

Firstly what sort of gains are you looking for, and more importantly how much are you willing to throw at it?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i dont mind throwing money at it, just get my plan and stick to it. I also drive a mk3 gsi, and its quite fast, when u floor it it feels rough and throws u back in to the seat and ur gone. My car when u floor it is fast but not feeling as if your being pushed bk, yet in a race my gf in my 2.2 and myself in the gsi 2.0 the gsi struggled to pass the 2.2, beating it by less that a meter.

i was looking for info on mayb a turbo, or mods such as chips, cams. and the gains on the 2.2. Ae they a good tunable engine??, il always been ford, done engine conversions etc, kno them inside out, but vauxhall is like double dutch to me.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The 2.2 is tunable, and in the US they have got over 1000bhp out of one in drag racing. However not many UK tuners do anything for it as they focus mainly on the zlets

If your're looking or a turbo, then you'd be better off geting a standard turbo's car IMO

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can supercharge it but i think that can cost you about 4k ... give regal or courtney's a tingle they will have more gen on the subject.