Thread: urgent fk coilovers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

urgent fk coilovers

i have just started fitting the fk coilovers to the rear of my mk4 hatch but im having problems. i have got the big rubber in at the top then the spring but i cant get the adjuster to go into the bottom rubber. am i doing this the right way round or does the adjuster go at the top

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You dont need the rubber at the bottom mate, replace it with the adjustable cup
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks alot clokey. these are all fitted now but the back is too high and the front is rubbing, which way do i turn the coil to lower the car. do i compress the spring to lower the car?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Rears
    Adjust the cup as though you are tighten a bottle lid. So the less thread you see between the nut and the base the lower the rear

Fronts

Turn the locking rings towards the front of the car to raise it, and towards the rear to lower it.
    Make sure you grease em up, and turn the top ring first then lock up the lower one.

I think Ive got mine set to 11cm from the bottom of the thread on the shock to the lower locking ring. Wheel just sits inside the arch with no scrubbage

You may have to play around with them for a few weeks as they will take time to settle in
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks clokey you really helped me with that first post at lunch as i could not get those cups in for love nor money. would it be worth me cutting the top off the bottom cup then putting it in to stop the metal on metal friction. also at the front i placed the bearing inside the whole and then put the rubber top mount on and tightend the first bolt, is this correct what i did. sorry to keep on just want to make sure i did this right as they were expensive and i dont want to ruin them