Thread: Looking into this, what you think?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking into this, what you think?

I came across this today and am looking into buying it and getting it back to its original condition. The car is a hour away.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Various problems as can seen in the pictures, for £1800 he has offered me car plus various parts to complete repair, including drivers door,drivers wing,front bumper,front screen,side skirt,tailgate complete as there is some dents on the back. The parts are not the right colour as the car i have been told but in great condition.

He then added this "the only problems to be aware of is as it says in ad it does need a pull its not just bolt on & drive away allthough it does drive ok & its not recorded, 3rd party."

Basically i wanna know from your guys point of view if this is something which is do-able? I have a total of 700 to spend on getting it correct (taking into consideration all my dads mates are mechanics so will be doing things for cheaper than usual (dad works in a vxl body shop))

Thanks for the help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats pretty good mate 2003 reg aswell, usually in good nick go for around £4.5/5k??

so I think you'll be quids in on that, would make a lovely 2nd car, or no doubt a profit.... can do some more mods to your own car with the money
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good little buy pitty the dash took a bang as that isnt the nicest of jobs but could be a little bargine there mate.
    Heading back to the world of AOC

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemo SXi
    thats pretty good mate 2003 reg aswell, usually in good nick go for around £4.5/5k??

so I think you'll be quids in on that, would make a lovely 2nd car, or no doubt a profit.... can do some more mods to your own car with the money
    Going to be my first car mate, think it will give me alot of expereince for modding in the future to start on such a demanding project (in terms of what ive done with cars before,next to nothing),

Still am worried about this whole 'pulling' aspect as im not sure how the car will drive and if i will have alot of problems in the long run

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why would he be selling it that cheap...must be something dodgy with it...

its most likely gunna need to go on a jig, plus the Apillar needs straigthening...and the rear passenger door is bent in the bottom right hand corner...also roof looks a bit out of line or is that just me?

a lot more work than it first seems...?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im hoping that isnt the case, he assures me he is being honest but i guess ill need to go and take a look.

On average how much could you see this costing me in repairs and spraying costs, alot more than £700?

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if theres a lot of damage to the Apillar (looks a bit cracked)...then its gunna cost a lot more i woulda thought...bit hard to tell from the pictures...

new dash will have to be fitted also...unless you diy the labour charges for all these bits will add up to a large ammount

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just gave the link to my dad to take a look at and he assures me its not worth buying at that price, he said if you room in you can notice the windscreen is nackerd and the apillar is damaged. Also the back door looks like its had it (a part he is not including in the sale). More to the point im not sure that thing would make it the 70 miles from the sellers house to mine, never mind taking into consideration the condition of the car.

So, it seems the search continues, HOPEFULLY i will have my longly waited for asta g soon

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Be selling mine soon for about £1900, just had new front and rear disk brakes and pads and 2 new wishbones because vauxhall saw one of them was worn. cheap tax/insurance grp4. Well serviced too and equiped being a old cop car (sri/sxi interior etc)

Should be getting a skoda octavia estate company car, in a monthish according to my manager. Quite nice cars
    2012 mk5 van / 2006 sporthatch

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Called the guy out of curiosity...

He works in a bodyshop...which made me think...why wouldnt he fix it up himself??? He said...the jig isnt free for 6 weeks and I can't wait...money is money at the end of the day, he'd be loosing out on a few quid that he could have fixed up with all the tools at his bodyshop...

Which makes you wonder really...firstly it does need to go on the jig...2ndly...why wouldnt he touch it himself? To me, I think its because of the A-pillar damage...otherwise it would have been a bargain...one of my mates would of had it