Thread: Just Had P3 and MSD Injectors Fitted

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just Had P3 and MSD Injectors Fitted

Probably the quickest £700 i have spent. Got there and they only had 3 VXR injectors so i had MSD 550cc ones put in, they went out in the car for about 15 -20 mins come back and said its done. I said about putting it on the rollers but at £65 thought i would just wait and get it done around where i live for over half the price. I asked Chris what he thought it would make, he said "Probably about 280bhp, it feels quick", excellent i think to myself, payup and on my way.

On the motorway put my foot down and was expecting it to rip my face off but TBH was a bit disappointed, don't get me wrong it does feel faster but i thought going stright from nothing to P3 software would make a massive difference. Anyway after about an hours driving i put my foot down and after 12psi the car just stutters quite badly and boost it not holding steady . I guess its the plugs being blown out, so i am off out to get some others and will let you know.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont bigger injectors require a remap - the courtenay package does with vxr injectors (bear in mind i know nothing about the injectors you have compared to the vxr ones)

700 quid lighter and they didnt put it on the rollin road to show any benifits just a guestimate? personnally i think thats poor service

id be turning around and go back and demand they sort it - it was ok before the work was done

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i hope everything is okay sean mate thats true has rich says for that money i to would have thought they would shove it on the rollers have you rang them back and told them whats happened
    18/16v mk 4 astra saloon bmc cda a Ffoeg special veccy pipe full catback system full entainment system 17inches lowered 40mm all round

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a few years ago i had a 3500 turbo conversion done - a week later i picked the car up - had constant boost problems - felt like an xe not an let - i was hugley disappointed - i was told it was boost control out of range due to a non shielded cable caused by the conversion causing interference - imagine my reaction 12 months later when i re routed the boost hoses to realise they where connected incorrectly.

also i had to have a new 160 speedo fitted which i had to pay extra for regardless of the 3500 conversion which in my opinion should have covered it

now i drove 300 miles each visit with my problems to be fobbed off with technical jargon so dont take no crap excuses off them and make them fix it without paying any money. you have paid for an upgrade to be told u may have 280 now. they should be in the know if anything else should be done to accomodate the injectors

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yer it is mapped for the bigger injectors. TBH i was expecting them to put it on the rollers aswell for that sort of money and did feel that wanting an extra £65 was taking the piss, i mean i would of happy to pay £30 - £35 extra.

Also it was £50 more than i expected as when i first got there he told me it was £400 for the map and £65 an injector (This is the price of the VXR ones but as he never got any in he did the MSD's for that price which was nice of them) which to me is £660 but then when i got the bill it was £710 i asked where the extra £50 came from and was told that was for setting it up??? But even on the board it said Software Upgrade £400 including VAT & Labour, again i didnt really car because i could not be bothered to argue the point and they did give me the bigger injectors cheaper.

I will try new plugs as the ones i have in there are still the GM ones, if that does not sort it will give Regal a ring. Also be intresting to see what it makes on the rollers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wopuldnt have paid anymore to what i would have been quoted myself - personally i think they have bent you ove a barrel for 50 quid from the sounds of it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sean it wasn't mapped for the injectors. You had a phase 3 map just flashed onto ecu. If it had been done properly then you would have had the car put on the rolling road to have it all tweaked anyway, im a bit shocked they didn't do this to be honest. None of regals maps are their own i believe, all eds maps are from Germany. If the map doesn't allow for the higher flow of fuel your car will be all over the place, which it sounds like it is as my phase 1 boosts to around that alone.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They went out in the car for like 20 mins with a laptop so i assume they mapped them in then. The car runs fine with them, only probably is when it boosts over 12psi. But like i say it was fine for a while all together but after about an hour started stuttering

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    courtenay took 5 hours to map mine

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fitted new plugs and all seems good. The car is a fair bit ffaster than it was and gets to 100 at a nice pace but i would say not a 280bhp pace. Probably just me expecting to much, will have to wait and see when i get it on the rollers.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast