Thread: Alloy header tank cap is finally finished-Pic inside

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alloy header tank cap is finally finished-Pic inside

As some may know I have a supplier making me a new alloy header tank cap. I'd bought the Courteney Sport alloy cap but thought it was very dull looking. I went to have it chromed as that's the way my engine bay will look eventually only to find it's made of silicon alloy and is unchromable. So I had it highly polished but whilst it was ok like that it didn't float my boat so I asked my supplier to try and make me a new one out of proper alloy.

He copied the design a few weeks ago and asked me if I had any ideas on making it look a little special, I asked him if he could engrave the top with maybe the Griffin logo but was told he could only do text. I did a thread asking for any ideas on what to have put on it and it was generally agreed that Vauxhall would be the best choice of text as the cap could then fit other cars.

Anyway today I got back the first pic of the cap and he's managed to engrave the Griffin logo on it Now I think this looks great but I'd appreciate any comments you guys have. Some don't like the cap to be engraved and I suppose he could make them plain as well but he'll be selling these shortly I'd imagine so let me know what you think of the design.

Sorry mods for the image size, I've tried everything and the damn thing won't shrink. Feel free to trim it to a decent size.

52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    That looks really good any gen on price?
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks well smart!!!!
    Like Dave, Roughly how much?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will probably have a price very soon Dave, just sent him an e-mail about 1 min ago asking for some idea what they will cost. He did say it would be less than the Courteney one which was £25 or so, damned expensive I thought for a bit of alloy but we pay as much for 3 pieces of plastic to go round the heater dials so maybe not.

As soon as I know, you'll know.

Just waiting for the dipstick puller now in alloy
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks very nice might be intrested in the dipstick puller when you get one im not realy into chrome what metal are these made from could they be anodised or coulered in some way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They are made from alloy, then highly polished, so in theory you could get them anodised. However at this moment he's not offering that choice but it wouldn't stop you getting it done.
    Problem with offering colours is that what some find nice others find horrible, I'm fairly certain he'd need to have around 50 done of each colour choice to reduce costs and who wants that expense until you know you have a good seller.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice work, but far too bling for me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg
    nice work, but far too bling for me
    LMAO I was waiting for you to say that. Buy one and spray it grey

Thanks for resizing the image Geoff, appreciated.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I aim to please

...and I've got a yellow one to spray anthracite, when I get round to it.

But joking aside, it really does look a great piece of work

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks real good.....like the knurled edge

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast