Thread: Quick Question.. centre console

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quick Question.. centre console

Popped into my local Vaux dealer this afternoon to ask about a GSI sat Nav centre console. They wanted £40 something pounds. I thought they were cheaper than that. Part number is 9229371. Can I get it any cheaper somewher else.??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well the part u were looking at (9229371) is for SAT NAV (NO AIR CON) RHD BLACK £40

RHD MATT CHROME (13117931) for £13.10
    RHD GUN METAL (9196588 ) for £98.11

Just a few of the options going - cant see why the matt chrome is only £13 and the black 3 times as much, then the metal even more!

Id get ur self down to the stealers armed with the above info and order a £13 one instead. It'll be matt chrome up to the heater vents then black for the MFD or something like that! lol

theres also
    RHD METALLIC ANTHRACITE (13117923)
    RHD BRONZE (9196596)
    RHD WOOD EFFECT (9227738 )
    But I aint got a price on these unfortunately

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah right. And is the RHD MATT CHROME ( 13117931 ) the one that has the sat nav cut out?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All the models listed above are for the Sat Nav.. without Air Con

Check out my reply here for full part numbers: (sorry no prices)
    http://www.m1gst.com/vb/showpost.php...81&postcount=6

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah right... nice one... shall be going down now to investigate..Nice one.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Georgie but that don't make sense. The console is supposedly out of a GSi and they ALL came with air con, surely you must mean models with climate control not without air con as the only difference between an air con console and the non air con console is the extra button hole. The climate control console is much different as it has a whopping big hole in the centre to accomodate the climate control unit.

When I say the GSi model all came with air con I mean of course those that didn't opt for climate control instead.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK then Ken Ive mad a mistake - just copied and pasted from EPC!!

YES I know the difference between AC & CC consoles . but just going off what EPC states.

For those with EPC u may wish to check for ur self... and if everything ive said is wrong... THEN please tell me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Georgie wasn't meant sound like a "you don't know what your talking about" comment, it was just, if say you have someone with a non air con 1.6 and he wants to fit the sat nav centre console then he may presume that the non air con one is the one he needs. However when he's ordered and recieved the console he may find that he's got the CC version instead. It was made to clarify that in fact there should be 3 versions of the same RHD console, a non air con one with only 2 holes under the heater control unit, an air con one with 3 holes and the CC version. It maybe that, as this console was meant for the GSi and higher specced models, that they never did the 2 hole version as they would have all come with aircon at least as standard. It's not you that's at fault here it's the wording of the EPC which is unclear.

As I don't have a working copy of an EPC, as mine never worked with XP, I can't say whether the EPC lists 3 versions or just the 2. If there are only 2 versions then I think it would be safe to say these would be the 3 holed Air con one and the Climate control version. Are there 3 versions listed or just the 2?, if only 2 maybe we should warn anyone with a non air con base model that they would probably have to fit the heater control unit out of an air conned Astra as well as the console. It's the only solution I can think of right now.

As these consoles will almost certainly be a special order, any items ordered are non returnable, £13 ain't that much to lose I suppose but £40 starts to get a bit steep and the £90 odd one would really upset me if I got the wrong version
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ordered mine earlier on. It's the one with air con, not climate control. Came to £13 something all together.. Not bad really.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WTF

Can you buy the centre console and stick a touchscreen in it linked up to a hard drive.

I thought you could only make them.

Any pictures please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast