Thread: DVLA **** up!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DVLA **** up!!!

As most know i havent ha my license for a LONG time now due to the DVLA "revoking" my license.. this morning after talking to a Police Cruise Liasion officer for sometime about this i have found this out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Police Cruise Liaison
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipz
    I was Charged on the 11th of may 2002 with Driving with no insurance, (IN10), and recieved 6 penalty points and a £150 fine. I passed my test on the 29th of june 2003 on the 13 of march 2004 i recieved a fixed penalty of 3 points and a £60 fine for Failure to comply with a road traffic sign (TS50),

I gave my license to the Court who then sent it off to the dvla, on the 7th of April 2004 i recieved a letter warning me of the revocation of my license,

What i'm interested in finding out is should it really have been revoked?

I dont think there is any chance of me gettin it reinstated but would like to know if the DVLA were right or wrong
    Having spoken to a colleague who is also quite up on the legislation, he is of the same opinion as me in that you would have to have had another 6 points before your licence was revoked.

The legislation provided by the DVLA is quite ambiguous, however our interpretation is as above.

I hope this helps.

DH.
    Now the 6 points were aquired on a provisional, the following three were aquired after i passed my Test... With the police doing a few checks it turns out that the DVLA should not have revoked my license..

So guess how ****ing pissed off i am that i cant put in a Appeal!!!!
    Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you get 6 points within 2 years of passing your test you will be banned and asked to retake your driving test

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pardoe, I have spoken to a Police Cruise Liasion Officer, that is what is quoted above...

I got THREE POINTS while holding a full license, according to the New Driver Legislation the 6 points on a provisional do not count against any conviction/fixed penalty incurred while holdign a full license,

therefore i should still have my license, this is what i'm being told by lothian and Borders police,

as it has now been two years since my fixed penalty was endorsed i cannot appeal against it either

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i find it strange how points abtained on a provisional dont count towards the 6 points in two years business matey, wasnt saying you were wrong just what i knew,

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this is what i've thought for two years aswell,

wasnt having a go either, just explainign what i was told, the Policeman i spoke to has asked a fair few collegues and they all say the same thing,

Just really pissed off i cant appeal any more, i just rolled over and took the shafting

oh and first person to say serves you right for gettin points on your provisional will get a pasting at trax

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pardoe16V
    if you get 6 points within 2 years of passing your test you will be banned and asked to retake your driving test
    Not strictly true, there is no ban. You can reapply straight away.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need to reapply now, its been over a year which is the length of the ban surely?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you were to right a letter to the court, just explaining this and explaining you are merley pointing out what could have been a mistake, thy may overturn it.... dont get your hopes up like but 25 minutes and a carefully worded letter cant do any harm?
    L600NYY
    Veccy C pipe, Brock B2's 17 x 8.5, Tints All Round.
    From The Northwest?? >> CLICK!<<

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hate to tell you but the DVLA will know more than a copper, they deal with points and licenses day in day out whereas the police dont.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry skipz:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/Motoring/Le...566&chk=1ZQD6M

All valid penalty points will be taken into account when deciding whether six or more points have been accumulated in the two-year probationary period. Penalty points gained prior to the first driving test, which are within the three-year validity period, will also be taken into account. However, these will only come into scope of the Act if you incur further penalty points during the probationary period. Also, penalty points incurred after the probationary period has expired will be taken into account if the offence was committed during the probationary period.
    2 Door E350 CDI - OM642 power baby
    emJlZnIgdmYgZmJiYmIgeW5mZyBscm5l

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast