Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glovebox Light On Constantly

hi peeps

recently replaced the glovebox straps as they were snapped, and the light still does not go off when u close it. if you push the right hand top corner of the glovebox door it goes off, its bugging me now and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a fix for it.

cheers
    gareth

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    might need to bend the metal out on the light switch so it makes better contact when closed?
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    true, forgot about that, had to do this with my mk3, will have a look later, cheers matey

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    easy you need to buy a new part from vauxhall a arm for the glove box its only a few £

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysport18
    easy you need to buy a new part from vauxhall a arm for the glove box its only a few £
    lol read the post, i have recently changed them, sorted it now ne way mate, had to adjust the metal contacts on the light itself, made it so that the conatcts were barely touching so that when the straps push the switch it moves it enuff to break the circuit.

cheers guys

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How do you know the glovebox light is still on if the glovebox is closed???
    Are you even smaller than Darryl and can get in there??

You say when you push on the corner the light goes off - are you sure that the small gap that you can see the light through is not just closing up so that you can't see any light??
    0-60 in 6.5 secs and 48mpg- winner!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teejay
    How do you know the glovebox light is still on if the glovebox is closed???
    Are you even smaller than Darryl and can get in there??

You say when you push on the corner the light goes off - are you sure that the small gap that you can see the light through is not just closing up so that you can't see any light??
    lol nah im 6ft, would be a bit of a squeeze to get in.

if you put the palm of your hand underneath the glovebox (better in the dark obviously) you can see a ray of light shining through, noticed it a few nites ago when i could see light shining on the floor. sorted now tho, as i said i bent the contact so they were barely touching in the on position.

danny, thanks for ther pic, i have already replaced both straps as they were broken when i bought the car.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i removed the glovebox light on my one some years ago when i was fitting a cb radio amplifier into the glovebox and i wanted to use the cavity that the light wastaking to run some wires to the actual CB. Now i dont use the amp anymore . I have taken it out and removed the glovebox to change the pollen filter and fix a few more things. But now the glovebox light doesnt work. I have checked the bulb and it's ok. Is there a seperate fuse for the glovebox light?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danger_mouse_tm View Post
    i removed the glovebox light on my one some years ago when i was fitting a cb radio amplifier into the glovebox and i wanted to use the cavity that the light wastaking to run some wires to the actual CB. Now i dont use the amp anymore . I have taken it out and removed the glovebox to change the pollen filter and fix a few more things. But now the glovebox light doesnt work. I have checked the bulb and it's ok. Is there a seperate fuse for the glovebox light?
    This thread is almost a year old - nice to see you're using the search facility but it would have been better creating a new thread - not having a go - just so u know for next time.

I take it u did re-attach the connector on the light itself???

Have u got any other electrical components not working? Could be the fuse is shared between say interior lights, stereo etc etc... Theres a few possibilities for fuse number/location so youd be best off checking the fuses individually......that is of course after youve checked the connector on the light itself - whip out the glovebox and ensure all wiring is fully in place.