Thread: Full Lock Clicking badly, and then hub rubbing?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Full Lock Clicking badly, and then hub rubbing?

I know the hub rubbing sounds rude, it aint ill come back to that.

Firstly, my 2.2 coupe.

Pulling out of a junction, near to full lock, turning right.. majorly deep clunking sound, like a ratchet or something, but a deep sound, something you think crap.. that isnt good! This has been happening for a while now, but ive got my weekend free so need to know what to check/look for/change etc.

Then secondly, the hub rubbing.

I pull out of my drive, go up the road approx 20mph if that, i had my window open, theres like a rubbing sound coming from the hub, i can hear a feint grinding, and also the brakes squeak like helk at the moment. And finally the other day I was driving down the road, about 30mph and there was a constant squeak/screech coming from the front (i think it was the left wheel)

Ideas please guys?
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is it likely to be a CV joint or similar(full lock issue i mean) ?
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    our drummers skoda did that, turned out to be the driveshaft and differencial.

twas v. worrying.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its come to the stage where i dont feel 100% safe driving my car.. therefore it needs sorting me thinks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Knocking noise is more than likely going to be a dry c.v joint due to either a weeping or split rubber c.v boot, stick your head underneath and look for a nice mess of grease by either hubs.
    As for the other noise, more than likely be either your low on your front pads or it could be coming from a front wheel bearing, check your pads first and if they are ok it will more than likely be from the bearing, only way to cure is replacement, you can spray grease/lube on the inner seal of the bearing but it won't last. Hope this helps
    HIGHDOWN Car Audio & Security
    Clifford, Genesis, Rockford, CDT Audio

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for the help so far, any other ideas..

just want to be able to identify the prob on sat, and spend the next 2 days sorting it if possible

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)