Thread: Access Forms Help Needed Please

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Access Forms Help Needed Please

Basically needing a bit of help with MS Access, and a few forms im doing.

Ive made a form, which is now linked with an imported MS SQL database/table.

I need to display a result in a label. I've already done this (a bit of it) to display in a drop down box, but dont think I can in a label(need to though, or atleast have the default value showing in the drop down box, rather than having to click it first.

The queries I need to perform in one go are:

A) SELECT count(*) AS TOTAL FROM questionnaire_samplegroup3;
    B) SELECT count(*) AS YES FROM questionnaire_samplegroup3 WHERE question1 = 'Yes';
    C) SELECT count(*) AS NO FROM questionnaire_samplegroup3 WHERE question1 = 'No';

So these need to be like in the same row source? dont think that will work, and then basically perform the calculations

so that I can work on the percentage of the results of each of these queries.

for example:

A) 147
    B) 4
    C) 143

A) Changes all the time, well, they all do so cant just work out the % once, it need to auto calculate as above.

I thought of something like this:

"

SELECT SUM(YES / TOTAL * 1000), count(*) AS TOTAL, (SELECT count(*) AS YES FROM questionnaire_samplegroup3 WHERE question1 = 'Yes') FROM questionnaire_samplegroup3;

"

Here its not apreciating the subquery..

Who would think i've got a degree in this stuff

It's been ages since ive done it, even longer since I used access in this depth, and even longer since i slept. Helpen moi

:P
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    anyone
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bttt for those people who are in the know

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    erm, ignore, btttt

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could help you in a sense but would require a test db with some cak info in.

Any SQL queries (stored procs) i'm fine with, but access is a faff!

Who would of thought it's my profession, and I still can't roll it off the top of my head.

Gav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im the same mate, i think ive found a way around it now.. sql, oracle etc im fine with, access, i wish i could give it up, but needs must sometimes with work... battling on anyways, cheers for the offer of help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    np mate

(damn 10 char restriction on the quick post)