Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any Idea's?

Hey all,

Just had my first Interim Service after my 80k cam change etc. and when i went to pick it up, they mentioned it needs a tech 2 as it judders whilst in low gear.

For some reason, when driving in rush hour traffic (20 mph max) I have to keep dipping the clutch to stop the car from bunny hopping. I've also noticed in 4th gear a shuddering at low speeds (40/50 mph) although this is rare.

They also said it is probably the coil that is defective.

Another problem is starting, sometimes the car fails to start first time, when I try the second time it wont fire, but if I try the third time with a bit of welly it starts and acts grumpy until I press the accelerator a few times.

Edit: Also the idle speed jumps between 850 and 1100, when I picked it up from the garage they said it was fine and it was but then disappeared.

Anyone else have any ideas? I've done the usual stuff like clean the EGR valve etc.

TIA

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it is still running like that after the service, then they didnt service it properly.

Sounds like plugs or maybe a dirty fuel filter. Both should have been changed during the service.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its nothing due to the servicable parts as they have deffently replaced everything, this problem has been apparent since I got the car, but I feel i'm gonna kill my clutch by dipping it to counteract the bunny hop.

It's going in for a Tech2 with in the next couple of days, so hopefully that should see something.

I always thought it was my driving skills lol, but when they noticed it as well as my mother, I decided to investigate.

Before this information I usually clean the EGR valve etc, although I have seen somewhere on google groups that this could also be a pedal (acc) problem.

Car seems to be ok(ish) when I use the very bottom left corner with my foot at a 45 degree angel (heel facing clutch) for slow traffic, but it's getting very embarassing when your car looks like a citroen zx with someone playing with the adjustable suspension.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like spark plugs to me, they may of replaced these in service

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they've been replaced about 4 times now, services and once by my self using NGK 4 point iridium plugs and it had the same problem.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try some of that redex stuff.. cleans up pistons etc

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmmm, I done that a while ago, something I haven't done since actually.

Although I was cheap lol I got the small bottle and put it in with a half full tank, and didn't do it again afterwards.

Something that could fire your thinking tank off, about 9 months ago, the car died whilst coasting down a hill, lights all came on, on the dash.

Tried starting the car, fired first time but as soon as it idled it died.

AA turned up an hour and half later, removed a sensor from one of the valves apparently and it was fine but EM light was on.

He sprayed the injector (or nice round bowl thing with a nozzel in the center at the top which sprays petrol into it) with carb cleaner, and asked me to drive up and down the road (on a hill). Car died at the bottom, started it again and died when I reached the top, (mainly when using a bit of acc).

Tried again and managed to get to the road (road hump at the top of a hill) and it died again, so we decided to take it down hill and managed to drive home.

Hasn't happened again since tho.