Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

shocks or springs?!?!?

hello All,

well next up is to get the SXI a bit lower to the floor!!

I have found a set of Gmax shocks and springs demon tweeks for 289.00, what i am trying to find out is..........

1.is it better just to get springs 40mm?
    2.shocks and springs 40mm?
    3.shocks and springs 60mm?

I currently have the standard SXI alloys (2001 version) have sprayed em a grey colour and am gona keep em on there, so it will be lowered on 16's and i do wana go low but i dont wana be ripping bits off from underneath the car everytime i go over a bump...................I have an irmy splitter and rear GSI diffuser and dont fancy pulling them off either.

as you can see i am well confussed and need to know the best set up for all round handling and comfort

any pics or help would be greatlu appreciated

thanks all
    Jessy SXI.
    MK4 SXI STAR SILVER...done!! - time to sit back and enjoy................

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any one help me???!!?!
    Jessy SXI.
    MK4 SXI STAR SILVER...done!! - time to sit back and enjoy................

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think it realy depends on your budget obviously springs asnd shocks will be best but they hold the biggest price tag ive gone for a 40 mm drop on just springs and standard rims hopfully get them soon think 60mm would look a bit weird on standard rims but its all down to personal choice hope that was some help if you serch im sure there will be som pics about

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive gone for 55mill drop on ebiach springs with koni shocks, could not be better apart from the ride hight is a little higher than i wanted,
    from my experience gmax 40mills will drop what looks like alot more than 40mill, they should be ok for a while without a shock upgrade but they will wear out standard shocks much faster than standard springs. Anymore than 40 mill does need the shocks upgraded at the same time. You get what you paye for really. i reccommend eibach over gmax and so will the majority of people on AS. im running mine on standard wheels too now.