Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 weeks and no new car in sight! A bit peeved to say the least!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

8 weeks and no new car in sight! A bit peeved to say the least!

Sorry, just had to have a rant as this has been annoying me since yesterday when I found out!

Anyways the story goes as follows:

After being called at the beginning of July to be told that my new car would be arriving 2nd last week of July with collection due last week of July, I was really looking forward to next week. Well after waiting to get some conformation as promised, nothing happened, so I decided to call up the dealership to find out what the situation was. Anyways after leaving a message and getting no phone call in return, I popped in yesterday to find out the score on the car. Well it turns out that due to it being a special order from the factory, there has been a delay and the new date, umm scheduled to arrive at the dealership on the 8 September, with collection on the 11th or 12th. Bloody great another 6 weeks to wait !

I suppose the only silver cloud here is that it will be the new reg. and with me being away on my summer hols for most of August that time should fly past, well I hope anyways! The downside is I get the car and then fly away for some work abroad for a week. Just what I was trying to avoid!

Ah, well the price you pay for ordering new and then trying to be clever by asking for non standard stuff on the car . I suppose 14 weeks is not to bad thinking back on the saga some of you had with your new purchases.

Rant over, and I do not feel any better oh well!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just think of the smile when you get it...

If it helps, i was looking for my van from oct last year, got it mid june this year.. Worth the wait, maybe.. Almost came close to buying an audi instead.. so ermm yea..

Just think your gonna get the car in october.. Then if you get it in september you'll be chuffed its a month early
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Gutted for you Basil as I know how much you are looking forward to the new power and to play with it internally as wellas externally

Just think after your holiday you will have a nice new toy to play with
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    basil chin up mate, It will be well worth it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What was non std ??? It will also be 2007MY if being built in August!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what did you order as i must have missed the thread ?
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caspy
    What was non std ??? It will also be 2007MY if being built in August!!
    Yup, one other plus point. Just one problem though the factory I believe closes for a while in August and it is being built the fisrt week they open, which is never the best week from what I remember at my time at MB. Oh well heres hoping!

Anyways as for the non standard stuff, I am trying as hard as possible not to revel the make till it is ready for an introduction on AS and saying what some of the special order stuff is, will give it away. Needless to say a non standard interior colour is one and the rest are all electrical goodies. Some people know what the car is, as I have had a chat about it with them, discussing some things I want to do to it.

The thing that really annoyed me the most (and it really has been eatng at me) is that I was counting on the weeks when I was away on my summer hols, to get the mods done, as timewise things are a bit of a problem when I am around. This time I was also trying to get the ICE install done in the first weekend, but while I have narrowed the gear down to two makes, I cannot really do anything until I have the car. The reason for this is that it will require some custom interior mods before I can decide the make of the gear and as I was due back at the start of te bank holiday weekend, I was planning to use this period to get it done, as my schedule after this is pretty much all booked up after that. So it looks like some mods will have to go on hold now , which really sucks.

Oh well I suppose after speaking to Mat about his car and some of the problems he has had it was to be expected.

Jang I will be chuffed regardless of the delay.

Brett and Mat thanks for the words of comfort, much appreciated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigY
    what did you order as i must have missed the thread ?
    Craig, there has intentionally not been a thread on the car I have ordered as I wanted the mods done first before its introdcution.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD
    Craig, there has intentionally not been a thread on the car I have ordered as I wanted the mods done first before its introdcution.
    ah now i got ya
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Basil... sounds like its gonna be a bit special which I'm sure it make up for long wait...

remember to give us the low down and all the pics when you get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast