Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New member intro & FAO all SRI T owners

Hi all,

I'm new to site as i've returned to Vauxhall ownership recently after a 4 year break from Vauxhalls, i bought a mk4 Vauxhall Astra SRI Turbo a couple of weeks ago and 'Jonesy' on here pointed me in the direction of this forum.

I was told when i bought the astra it was limited edition to 500 but the guy didn't have anything to back up his claims and at the time i wasn't to clued up, but it was nice to see what he said confirmed in last months Total Vauxhall when they featured the red turbo.

A bit about the one i've bought, its a '52 reg and its now covered 28k (27 when i bought it) and has a full service history. It's had a few minor improvements done to it, a boost gauge has been fitted along with tinted rear windows and custom stainless exhaust - but the cat is still in place. The front bumper has suffered from quite a few stone chips and the front wheels have the odd scuff mark but i'll get those sorted shortly.

It's the newest car i've owned, as i've always said i wouldn't get a 'newish' car but the mileage i cover at work along with my car allowance meant i needed to be sensible and get something a bit more reliable than my £200 20 year old Volvo which i was using for the last 6 months whilst i decided what car i wanted to get......i tried out quite a few cars including a mk4 Golf v6 4 Motions and the Astra was by far better imho.

Not everything has gone smoothly with Astra since i've had it, as it basically broke down at 26 miles of ownership

I got home from collecting it and went to my local pub to show my mates the 'new toy' as you do and took one out for a spin and everything went well, pulled back into the car park and parked up and there was steam from the engine bay and lots of it. By the time i had popped the bonnet i was standing in a pool of coolant at this point it was getting dark and i could tell it was coming from the bottom of the rad but everything looked okay but knew something was seriously long as it had emptied in less than 30 seconds.

So i left it there overnight and got it recovered in the morning and got a local garage to investigate and it turned out that something had flicked up in the engine bay, hit the electric fan and the proceeded to leave a 4" gouge in my rad - so a new rad was needed....

But i'm pleased to say i've now had a few weeks of trouble free driving and loved every minute of it

Here's some pictures,

Just wondered how many other SRI Turbo owners are on here?, as i've seen quite a few on here already.

Does anyone know where i can see what the actual spec was for the SRI Turbo? I know alot of it was covered in total Vauxhall but i've tried searchiong the net for anymore info without success.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey and welcome, Very tidy looking motor. Do a search for something along the lines of 'calling all sri-t owners' i think someone started a thread, theres a fair few kicking about on here.

I dont think theres too much to know about them, theyre pretty muich the Pre-GSI model, same engine but quoted as having 190bhp as opposed to 200 apparently.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very nice car you have there ive got one aswell in black once the modding starts you dont stop. welcome this is a great site full of great info and people if you do a few searches you may find a few things, il see what i can find tomorrow as i asked the same when i started.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi and Welcome to AS

Good choice of car you have there

Have a look at this link, its the full vauxhall spec on the SRiT
    http://www.vmproductforum.co.uk/serv..._2002turbo.pdf
    Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello mate, welcome to astra-sport, nice car too

What model ford is that in the background 4th pic ?
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got one too - admittedly soon to be up for sale!

As is the wife's Linea Rossa Turbo convertible too.

Off looking at 4x4's (for her) and VXR's (for me) later.

Wellcome to the club mate, in more sense than 1!!!!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    Cumbrian RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome mate, i had my sri T for 4 months now looking it to... good choice...

kev
    Where are the Cumbrian Members??
    Anyone Seen Them!

Drives a Fiat Bravo 165 sport....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    What model ford is that in the background 4th pic ?
    hmm is hard to tell, they all look so alike. lol.

nice motor you got there mate!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome, correct colour for an Sri T as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast