Thread: God dam vauxhall main dealers

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

God dam vauxhall main dealers

Right at the end of my teather with Bicknells of tipton.

For the last month my car has been in the middle of whole load of shit and Im about sick of it tbh.

First off, My car went back to vauxhall as bth of my doors had split and corroded, they agreed to replace both doors. While it was there I thought it wise for me to get the rest of the car done in one foul swoop, So I got them to repair and repaint bumpers, bonnet welded and painted, rear quater blocked ect and a full repaint, the agreement was for me to pay for the extra work and them to pay for the warranty work. They cocked up on the price and quoted me £300 for the whole work to be done. I was shocked and accepted with out haste, got it writing. they realised the mistake but they had to hounner it. This is were it went to pot, my car sat in the body shop for a week in peices but nothing being done to it, as it was in a middle of who blames who and no one new what needed doing to the car, Then the main gaffer starts say ing that they acually only quoted me for a front bumper repair and paint, we told them we had the quote on paper, he buckled and let work commence.

I pick my car up after 2 weeks to find they had done a dam god job imo bar the rear bumper has it had cracks were they had paint under neath it.
    Turn my head unit on to find they have blew it up, drive down the road to smell burning, they had left live wires un connected that shorted against the doors.
    Bring it in a week later they say. so bring it in, 3 days later I get called to collect it, got it, no work had been done what so ever, basicaly they kept it for 3 days for a manger to look at it to see what was wrong. Get told again the back bumper was painted as a favour, again show them the recipt that shut him up again, then he goes on to say the stereo was already broke, again it wasnt broke, its been un tampered for the last 1 1/2 years, never had a moments fault with it. after much confrontation they accepted this.
    IN the mean time I had damged the front bumper, paid £200 for a full repaint, picked it up and the paint is lifiting of the bumper, took it back again 5 days ago, and a new manager is there and he has mesed me about so much, my dad had to come from wales to sort the mess out as I was to busy and shortemperd to see the guy.
    He blamed me for the front bumper saying it the crap paint thats behind and I will need to stripped back to the plastic to paint that I will need to pay for. He was even adement on this when I told him it was his crap paint he put on before hand, as I had paid since to have it repainted by them. But after realising he can not bull shit me when it comes to body work he agreed to do the work once its back from france due to time scales. The rear bumper again was a case of its your fault has there is no number plate light and it wasnt like that when you picked it up, until I pointed out that they had painted and laquerd under the crack and hasked him how its possible for paint to dry then run underneath and re laquer its self. he agreed on that, but blamed the crap glue used to bond the rear apron on as it wasnt high tempreture. So I showed him the glue used. (Ambersil very high tempreture engineering sealant) softens at 180 or something. he was saying they baked it at 80 degrees and it had softens even though its quite clear to see the plasic had melted. he wouldnt agree to the cause bid di agree to fix it.

Now onto the electrics, after the grounding incident I removed all door cards ect to see what had happened. It had grounded numours times in numerous place si I set about making all the wiring safe before proeding to find the fault I traced it back to the multi delay timer in the fuse box. Now again the grounding on the doors had nothing to do with this it was the draw from the leds I have wired into the interior light. now im sorry but how on earth can leds create so much draw to blow the realy? espcially as I have no rear light connect to cause excessive draw from that?
    But they replaced it as a good will gesture.

Now to the stereo after much greif with this he agrees to replace or repair the stereo I said I would have prefered it to be repired as its not a common head unit and you will be pushed to find a new one. but down to time they have wasted I need it asap so they will have to replace it with either like for like or one with the same spec and of the price I originally paid, he agreed. I found 3 of the same spec and gave hime the model numbers chepest being £500, he thought he would do one better and said he had source my original head unit brand new and he was sending some one over to fetch it. I was happy with that. until I get a call, "oh after testing it at the shop it was faulty so we got you another" I asked him the model number that he was dubious about but got it from him to find it was a very low spec head unit and not on par or the same spec as mine. I went mad and told him its not going in the car, he saying well thats the one your having it does the same job dont it, It may do the same job but I paid for my head unit as it did the job better than any other head unit, and I wont settle for any thing less, Told him he had to either get me my old head unit or the closest spec to it that I had already gave him the numbers for, I had even found him the cheepest place to go. After again my dad seeing him, he agreed t do it and told me to wait in today as it will be arriving today.
    Well I got a message last night as the guy they have brought it from is a memeber on here, and he told me they wouldnt transfer money over they would only send a cheque, the guy told them that they couldnt send the h/u until the cheque arrived, he said thats fine to him. luckly the memeber is a a diamond and is going well out his way to help me. but dealer was just wasting my time again.

got a call just to say they couldnt get my window tints fixed, I said well you had told me the windows were tinted already just waiting to be fitted.
    They have just said bring it back and well sort it.

Gone and picked the car up just, and it need to go back yet again as they havnt stripped the paint of the bumper like they were going to bill me for just around some of the area and blended it and there is stil paint lift, plus I get it back with bloody cracks in the bumper. they still havnt got the shape back in the bumperat the rear. on my old radio is missing from the car.

so very annoyed at the moment.
    So dont use bicknells of tipton its a shame as there parts department is brilliant

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ Brett, that sounds like a right catalogue of cluster phux. I didnt realise you had all this lot going on.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know you've had a bad run of luck Brett, but are you mad using a main dealer for bodywork?!?

There must be a decent independant body shop somewhere near you that'll do a decent job and not charge a fortune.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not mad matey as I have had loads of "top body shops" screw my car up totally, this time I new I would get a decent paint job and have a come back on the paint, and it would be a 1 hit job, in the dealers job done cars tidy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its ok vauxhalls ellesmere port have failed my car on the mot and wouldnt talk to me to discuss the problems - no they wont retest it for free as i had taken it off the site.

took it to my friend who is a mecanic to get it fixed and said vauxhalls where talking crap shouldnt of failed on half the things they said and thinks they just wanted me to get rid and not go back -
    Its being re tested today elsewhere so ill know my fate soon!!
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Watch dog

This is a moment for watchdog me thinks!!

lol

Good luck

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is disgusting, no other word for it.

I'd have a word with VX HQ in Luton - I'm sure they would love to know what sort of service thier franchises are giving to customers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    want a hug brett???? might make you feel better??

MK4 1.8 16V Sport and MK5 CDTi Estate

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    someone should start a thread up listing all the best and worst vauxhall dealers in there for people to look at and avoid the worst ones

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Problem is some people get brilliant service from a dealer, and others get bad service.

There's a local dealer I always use for both buying cars and servicing etc, yet other people on AS wouldn't use them at all.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast