Thread: Fitting ABS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fitting ABS

Is/would it be hard to fit or have ABS fitted to a 1.6 8v?
    I'm also considering having a rear disk conversion done and mabey getting larger front and back disks and calipers.

Would it be worth it?, should i just wait a few years and get a larger engine Astra?
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would wait for the bigger engine to do the abs all the front wiring loom will need to be changed! rear disc wont be a problem thou

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolHead168
    Would it be worth it?, should i just wait a few years and get a larger engine Astra?
    always a option to put a bigger engine in yours mate after you have done the work or nearer the time as uprating the discs on the current engine isnt really that benificial unless your thinking of a engine conversion apart from cosmetics
    Heading back to the world of AOC

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah your probably right.

Is it worth upgrading the front brakes then, to say 308's and fitting 4 or 6 pot calipers?

Would not having ABS makes this a stupid idea?
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if u seriously wanna upgrade ur stoppers then Id suggest a 308 kit and maybe a rear disc conversion too. Youve got 2 options - 308 upgrade on ur existing 4stud (presuming u have 4stud fitting) with 4 stud rear disc upgrade - not common but not hard to get hold of (fitting 4stud 308s upfront will be more costly than 5stud 308s as u have to buy a few more parts) the other option is to do a full 5stud/308 conversion - front and back obviously - front & rear discs - hubs etc....obviously this would involve new wheels as well.

If u already are running 5studs then yeah do a 308 conversion and a rear disc conv should be fairly straight forward

As for the ABS issue - it wouldnt be a problem with the above setup... with regards to 4 & 6 pots...this is big bucks territory and pointless with existing powerplant.... a 308 conversion would come with appropriate calipers from astra/vectra or whatever and will be sufficient for your needs.

The best idea is to do a search on here for 308 etc or rear disc conversion and i'm sure youll get the info u need

Failing that - certain members with more details will guide u in the right direction.

Good luck!