Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's top gear....one of the funniest?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Tonight's top gear....one of the funniest?

Absolutely brilliant show tonight. Sure, the cars weren't the most exciting (althought I liked the VXR), but their escapades in the caravan were utterly brilliant.

All staged, but the fire had me laughing so hard. I knew they'd tow the carcass out of there, but until actually seeing it, was laughing even harder.

I find there's more comedy on TG than almost all of the current sit-coms out at the moment.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I watched it tonight and it was hilarious. When May was trying turn the thing around

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    totally agree with ya there....this was discussed on Sun night and every1 goes on about it being set up - yeah I appreciate most of it is...but cant understand that the emergency services would have looked kindly on the production team for setting fire to what they did if it was all setup...
    Maybe I'm mistaken but anyway great show nevertheless....each episode just gets better and better.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit
    but cant understand that the emergency services would have looked kindly on the production team for setting fire to what they did if it was all setup...
    Which is why I am sure, the researchers notified them previously. TV producers have a habit of doing that....
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello simon i hope im not making an idiot of my self and chatting 2 a stranger
    (still here because of steve, still clueless )

SXi Stu
    the caravan wasnt actually on that campsite when they set fire to it, they just kept cutting back to views of the campsite to make you think thats where they were, just in a field somewhere with the fire brigade in attendance no doubt

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the dog looks better then all of them lol
    18/16v mk 4 astra saloon bmc cda a Ffoeg special veccy pipe full catback system full entainment system 17inches lowered 40mm all round

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I prefer the ST220 over the VXR ... like Clarkson did. Always have liked the ST220.

Gotta love May crashing the caravan lmao
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SXi Stu
    the caravan wasnt actually on that campsite when they set fire to it, they just kept cutting back to views of the campsite to make you think thats where they were, just in a field somewhere with the fire brigade in attendance no doubt
    Must be. I mean see how calm all the other campers were when everything was on fire lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Top Gear always has been a scripted programme, but you don't normally notice much as it's so well done. They actually won an award once for best unscripted show, and Clarkson joked that he couldn't go and pick up the award because he was too busy writing the script for the following week's show.

I thought that episode was one of the weakest so far to be honest, as it was unusually obvious that it was set up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast