Thread: TC Button design?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TC Button design?

Just got another TC switch from someone in Greece. Didn't think much of it as I was buying it along with some other gunmetal dash bits, ashtray, TC panel and button and gear stick surround. Thought it might come in handy at some point.

Anyway they arrive this morning and the first thing I notice is that it's different that mine. I bought mine from Vx about 6-10 months ago to do the TC switchable mod, the symbol on it is a cross section of a tyre with TC inside it. However the one from Greece is the same symbol you see on the dash when the TC is switched off.

Just curious but has anyone else seen this style of switch? or is it restricted to our continental cousins?

The rear of the switch is the same BTW. I'll just swap the top section over I think as I converted mine to light up blue with an LED.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Triangle with the slidey car in is an ESP Switch, got 1 on mine from a GSI.

Might be used on all later models.
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did mine a month or 2 ago and its got the tyre cross section.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could this be a bit of variety on what you can actually switch off hre?

I know we can switch off the TC but not the ESP via a switch, but are any other countries different?

Or is it just that in Greece, the initials TC don't mean anything to do with tration control!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Astra Sport has the (TC) sign on the button. Mine is an old one though. It's an S reg.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there were 2 different images on switches - one switch is more expensive from vauxhall