Thread: Induction kit vs derestricted

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Induction kit vs derestricted

I currently hav a Apiro induction kit that is properly ducted to the original air intake via a piece of silver flex pipe. The filter itself is sealed from the engine bay apart from where the silver flex enters it so that only cold fresh air is gettin 2 it.
    Would it be worth gettin rid of it and derestricting my std box and getting a veccy C pipe instead?.
    Would i notice much of a difference or is what i hav now better/same?
    Thanks
    Arden Blue GSi

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Sorry to say this as its gonna sound really rude but honestly I don't mean to be...
    the gains / losses from swapping from / to either induction style will be minimal, so minimal that I doubt you'd notice much difference on a 1.6.

Personally I've derestricted and fitted the veccy C pipe and I've noticed a hell of a difference from standard in pickup(repsonse), even without a performance panel filter. But as I drive a 1.6 I don't see the point in going all out engine mods. I suggest you search for the answers as WW3 will kick off by asking these types of questions.

Sorry if I sound harsh I don't mean to be.
    jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think that neither of them are better than each other,
    throttle response seems slightly better either way, and you get a better sound from an induction kit, seeing as you've already done it that way it wouldn't be worth spending the money to buy a k&N filter and deristricting the standard one. imo anyway
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Defo agree with jam. I was gonna post more or less the exact same reply a few moments ago but decided against it!
    Personally I subscribe to the Ind Kit school of thought - mainly down to the fact that any increase will be nominal and ind kit sounds a damn sight better than a derestricted box.
    ind kits really only work on 8valve engines in my opinion as they suffer less from heatsoak - and derestricted boxes are more suited to the 16v variants.
    The best thing to do is use the Search facility on here as already said - it'll save a lot of hassle and youll get the answer u want quicker - it'll also save the countless arguments from "strong personalities" on here trying to force their opinions down other members necks!

Good luck and whatever u decide will be what u deem is best for u...and not what anyone else thinks!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IMO induction rules over airbox mod, done them both...use the veccy pipe for cold air feed.