Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stange noise 1.7 DTI Van ?

Ok,

This has only happeded three maybe four times.

When im tootling along in 5th gear at about 2500 3000 revs on say a motorway sometimes I get TSSSSSCHHHHHHHHH from the engine bay like somethings going faster than the revs

It sounds like (and I dont know) but if I was to guess the turbo spinning and not releasing like its spinning to max and not releasing. If I press the clutch in or drop below 2000 revs this normally then stops. Incidently my turbo kicks in at 2000 which is why I think it may be that and ive never had a non aspirated engine make this noise.

Dont get me wrong it only does it a few times its not like every day but its is concerning.

Thanks chaps,

Luke.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tootling in 5th at 3000rpm is about 85 Wouldn't like to see you in a hurry.

Could be the EGR playing silly beggars. Might be worth checking to see if the EGR is seated properly.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine makes a simular noise, now i fitted a induction kit i can hear the turbo spinning at a certain rev and if i hold at that rev the noise continues

have no reason to think thats a bad thing? always thought it should be doing that
    2012 mk5 van / 2006 sporthatch

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    haha I once had a 1.3 astravan on an A reg but it did go well. Funny thing was I was charging up the M56 at 110 behind a Porsche in the outside lane and the Mrs's dad was in the slow lane doing about 50.

When I got home he said, "I was driving along admiring the scenery and this red blur went past like a spaceship" lol so I promptly replied, "There were arrows on the road and I had to keep two chevrons behind the car in front!"

Anyways the noise sounds like something is stuck as when I take my foot off the gas its still there untill I drop below 2000 revs? I have fitted an induction kit so it may be that perhaps just wondered if it was on the way out the turbo?