Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Would this work???

Hi guys I hope you can help me.

Whilst searching throughEbay I came across this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&item=33 0002346166&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was wondering if this would work with my 04 Zaf GSI as I know it differs slightly from my current one with 2 buttons. (the third on this one being the boot clip)

Does anyone know if the wiring is in place in the car already to accept this type of fob or is it just not worth the hassle.

Cheers

Smudger

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Like it says on the ad, it would need programming by vauxhall.... You can get some after market boot release solonoids etc... With a bit of jiggery pokery you might be able to fit the wiring into the housing of that key (for the 3rd button), but i'm pretty sure there is no existing vauxhall looms for that kind of thing though
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemo SXi
    Like it says on the ad, it would need programming by vauxhall.... You can get some after market boot release solonoids etc... With a bit of jiggery pokery you might be able to fit the wiring into the housing of that key (for the 3rd button), but i'm pretty sure there is no existing vauxhall looms for that kind of thing though
    Cheers Clemo.

I was kinda hoping that the wiring was in place and the effect would be kind of like the Ford Focus where the lock is opened as opposed to the whole boot opening which I think was an option on some Vectras???

Ah well

Anybody else got any input?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think you would have to get some kind of seperate boot release solenoid , then get get it tech 2 d to work this on the key . it would be cool , but a lot of hassle . why dont you go for a flip key as that is a very trick mod and a bit easier to do

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ewokszaf16v
    i think you would have to get some kind of seperate boot release solenoid , then get get it tech 2 d to work this on the key . it would be cool , but a lot of hassle . why dont you go for a flip key as that is a very trick mod and a bit easier to do
    Whats a flip key mate?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemo SXi
    but i'm pretty sure there is no existing vauxhall looms for that kind of thing though
    would that fact the key exists suggest there must be a VX that is made to use that key , hence the loom exists ??

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smudger1980
    Hi guys I hope you can help me.

Whilst searching throughEbay I came across this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&item=33 0002346166&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was wondering if this would work with my 04 Zaf GSI as I know it differs slightly from my current one with 2 buttons. (the third on this one being the boot clip)

Does anyone know if the wiring is in place in the car already to accept this type of fob or is it just not worth the hassle.

Cheers

Smudger
    i bought one of those vods of ebay for my zaf, but abit different...two button type.
    i taken it down to vauxhall to get it programmed...and they gived me some crap about its not a zafira keyfob. and it could'nt be programmed to my car.
    in the end i had to buy a new keyfob and get it programmed.
    so be careful is all i say.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the advice Alan.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin
    would that fact the key exists suggest there must be a VX that is made to use that key , hence the loom exists ??

That type of keyfob was used on the Omega saloons and on the pre-facelift Vectra C as these both had the boot release function, there wont be any wiring available for the Zafira.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smudger1980
    Whats a flip key mate?
    like the vw keys mate where the key folds out of the bottons to form a key been doing it on vectras for a while and looks very trick seen it done on a few astras as well !

if you want the key that much get a boot pop solenoid put in the boot and get some one with tech 2 to program the fobs boot release button to activate the solenoid , shouldnt be that hard
    1.6 16v zaffy getting there slowly ...............