Thread: Bulb help required

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bulb help required

My clock/temp/radio console thingy has just gone blank, guessing its just a bulb. Will it take the 4 hours given as a guide in this tech solution How To: Replace Dash Bulbs for LED's (MK4) or is there a easier way to change the bulb?

Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    4hours!!!! u only wanna change the MFD (multi function display) bulbs and not uprate the entire dash to LEDs do ya?

If u just wanna change the bulbs in the MFD then this should take no more than an hour for a complete novice. This takes into account the removal of the stereo etc - should only take 30mins max but u never know.
    Follow the steps in the how to (not personally lookin at it so cant recall what it says) but just follow the instructions relating to the MFD.

If u wanna uprate the entire dash to run on LEDs then this will obviously take longer.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks mate, but an hour to change 2 bulbs i think i'll give it a miss to be honest. Maybe get a satnav console in the near future as while i'm there i may aswell upgrade.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the 1 hour figure was for a complete novice and i mean really novice! Put it this way if it takes u an hour then Im surprised u can even drive a car! lol

couple of mins to remove head unit - a further 5-10 to remove all the little torx screws a little bit of fiddling and the centre console is off - off with the old bulbs and in with the new. 30mins max - if ur gonna uprate in the future - Id advise changing the bulbs now even if it is just to give u an idea of how to remove the console at a later date.