Thread: anyone know if????

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry anyone know if????

does anyone know if there is a law or regulation that states maximum working temperature for a period of time? i know there is definatly one for minimum temperature but cant find anywhere information on a maximum temperature, our office here at the school backs onto the pool and today has reached temperatures of 36.5 in the office, but we are still expected to work in this?? i thought this was not right and we have been denied fans and air con too!
    any information or links to sites that may provide information would be brill,
    thanks guys and gals
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I worked in a kitchen, we were told there was no maximum temperature, it used to regularly get past 45C and the fans used to just blow the hot air about even more. So in short, nope, no max temp, people just have to suffer it!
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im pretty sure there is a regulation in place and maybe someone like the HSE would have the info on their website. If so and ur employers are refusing to issue fans or not switch on AC then this has gotta be a no no in the HSE eyes.
    Would do a search myself to see but cant be arsed! Its too hot hahahaha

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit
    Im pretty sure there is a regulation in place and maybe someone like the HSE would have the info on their website. If so and ur employers are refusing to issue fans or not switch on AC then this has gotta be a no no in the HSE eyes.
    Would do a search myself to see but cant be arsed! Its too hot hahahaha
    lol i had thought of the hse, actually im going to look now lol
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there's not a particular temp. but if its uncomfortably hot then the company need to do something about it, even if only to ovoid claims for all sorts of heat related problems.... illnesses.

I used to work in a call centre and at first they would let you wear casual clothes if it was hot, and if it got that bad they'd just send everyone home early (to save their own skins I guess)...
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Out in the middle east, all of the buildings on army camps are air conditioned and there are fridges full of cold water darted about almost everywhere. Your employer should have a commitment to the staff to everyone cool and well hydrated to prevent heat illness and dehydration.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the underground in london reaches 36 deg C, then its shutdown time, so i keep hearing anyways.

If your not comfortable, take more breaks, drink plenty of water, and complain with others to manager.
    Zafira B SRi Turbo

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    book off sick if its too hot

The managers in our place told us we couldnt remove our ties in hot weather and we told them this is what will happen if we werent allowed to take em off
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i cant really book off sick lol, i have 3 days left till the end of term then i got 9 weeks full paid holiday the pleasure of working at a private school lol,
    my managers are complaining with me, there are 8 of us that have to use the office, its the school facilities department wont fund air con or ventilation, and to be honest they wouldt care if we didnt show up for work.

cheers lee, top work, thats good stuff
    learning the hard way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast