Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY! mod of the day - cutting it fine before billing ;)

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

FINALLY! mod of the day - cutting it fine before billing ;)

Firstly, no pain, no gain - got a nice handful of blisters doing todays mod but it was worth it, check out the thumb:

the mismatched rubstrips have FINALLY gone!!!! Went down Auckside this morning, borrowed the heat gun, heated up the strips, eased them off, worked the metal strips under the door rubbers off using a screwdriver end and more heat, then heat & plenty of thumb/finger rubbing to get off all the glue.

Next spent a good while with a bottle of T Cut and some cloths polishing off all the gunk, then once I'd finished they got to work touching up the paintwork, including finally sorting the two scrapes on my rear bumper where the forklift had picked up scrappy to move her about when she was in the salvage yard before I got her.

She's still a long way from perfect but at least a bit less embarrassing for being on the AS stand at billing (yay!) Thanks for the "how to" tips dogsy hun! (HUG)

Oh and the cost of letting me use their workshop area, tools etc and having them touch up the paintwork for me...?

...while the paint was done I was asked to valet a BMW bucket & sponge job, hoover etc. Also helped out a bit tidying up, and getting keys chucked at me: "move that cavalier over there, then move that beemer in front of the workshop" etc etc Was a fun morning though, I could get used to that!

Oh and just because I never got a decent pic of a previous mod before:

(subtract 10K miles off that speedo though, we've only done 88508, not 98508! there was an "error" in installing the new speedo (with white dials) after my old one fell apart when they tried to put the blue LED's in for me, and setting the new speedo to the old one they misread the 8 as a 9 and it's too much hassle to change it back so it's had to stay as is!

Oh and to top it all off, workmen are digging up and replacing the pavement outside my house, after I was charitable and took them all a cup of tea and had a chat, they warned me that there was about to be a of dust produced and I might want to move my car out of the line of fire! So I moved her up the street a bit to join some other astras who looked a bit lonely LOL (a 1.8 something and a 2.0 16v) to make a mini astra herd LOL

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [quote][cutting it fine before billing /QUOTE]

not as fine as me and others im sure lol - mines in the paintshop, still will have a bootlid to change over on friday, amongst a clean inside and out - looks like im on for a late night and early start on sat before i get there.

better without the mouldings, paint the handles take off the stickers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking good Kirsty, much better. Agree - colour coded handles would look nice

Ouch at the thumb
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten
    Ouch at the thumb

OUCH @ the stickers

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Looks Better, However a bit of friendly advise. Please lose the stickers on the side

Astra Sri Turbo

CS4 276BHP/325lbft

LMF Vauxhall - 01858 433599

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is it hard to do kirtsy i need to do it one night this week cant be arsed tho
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would look very clean mate.........without the stickers.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [quote=888rich]
    [cutting it fine before billing /QUOTE]

not as fine as me and others im sure lol - mines in the paintshop, still will have a bootlid to change over on friday, amongst a clean inside and out - looks like im on for a late night and early start on sat before i get there.

better without the mouldings, paint the handles take off the stickers
    same here finally finished refurbing my turbo alloys this morning and got round to painting my front grill aswell.just in time for billing lol

may go out and paint the engine cover later when it cools down

agreed with the others looks better without the mouldings but im with rich on this aswell stickers would have to go if it was mine

but as long as you like it then thats all that matters

Status
    Used to be a Gold Member
    but it fell off.
    Fortunately AndyH
    found the superglue...
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Looks much beter there kirsty.. Just an idea but i do beleve u will be beter off without the stickers.. even if you was just to keep the griffin??

See you soon...

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one Kirsty, makes the sides a lot clearer. Looks nice and clean too, I have to say though, I'm with the majority on the stickers personally, but it's your car, so it doesnt matter what we all think.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast