Thread: Correct Oil For Astra H 2 Litre Turbo Sri.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Correct Oil For Astra H 2 Litre Turbo Sri.

Hi Everyone. Does Anyone Know The Correct Oil To Use In The New Astra 2 Litre Turbo Sri. I Recently Had Mine Serviced By The Local Dealership At Twelve Months Old. Had The Oil And Filter Changed As Usual. However On Leaving The Dealer I Was Given A Litre Top Up Of Shell Helix 10w/40 Semi Synthetic Oil, As This Was The Oil Used In The Service. But After Reading The Service Booklet, It Seems To Suggest That The Astra H Should Use Oil Of A Gm-ll-a-025 Spec, Which Is Fully Synthetic 5w/30. Anybody Know Which Is The Right Oil? Cheers.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As luck would have it i work for shell so:

Shell Helix Ultra AG 5w-30 (Fully Synthetic)

API: SL/CF
    ACEA: A3/B3/B4

GM-LL-A-025 equivalent to OPEL B-040-2095
    GM-LL-B-025 equivalent to OPEL B-040-2098

That would be the one you want. You can only buy it through a few resellers though, me being one of them.

The Helix Plus 10w 40 and Helix Ultra 5w 40 are recomended for Vauxhall's up and till 2002 and some models still use it in the newer range

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Correct Oil For Astra H 2 Litre Turbo.

Thanx For That Rob. Where Can I Buy This Oil From? Who Are The Few Re-sellers. Do U Mean Shell Petrol Stations? Have Only Ever Seen The Shell Helix Ultra 5w/40 In The Garages. Does This Meet Gm-ll-a-025, Or Is It Just The 5w/30 Helix Ultra. Cheers .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vxl 10w-40 semi would probably be the best IMO. If thats what they put in and sell by the bucket load.

I had 5w-30 in my zlet then changed for 10w-40 semi and it made the car run cooler, smoother and quieter.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAN5969
    Thanx For That Rob. Where Can I Buy This Oil From? Who Are The Few Re-sellers. Do U Mean Shell Petrol Stations? Have Only Ever Seen The Shell Helix Ultra 5w/40 In The Garages. Does This Meet Gm-ll-a-025, Or Is It Just The 5w/30 Helix Ultra. Cheers .
    Nope you cant buy it in the garages, or at least I have never seen it. Shell only make it in 1 litre cans and 209 litre cans and is available through Shell resellers like me i work for Emo Oil and a few other outlets.

It's a extended drain oil so it's not cheap at all. No its not the standard helix ultra its the helix ultra AG which meets the GM spec. I am not sure how much vauxhall charge for their 5w 30 fully synthetic, It depends how much you want a shell product.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About the oil

Hello guys, good evening everybody.

Guys, since we have a turbo engine, wouldn't it be always better to use synthetic oil over semi synthetic?

5w-30 would be better over 10w 40 if the temperature of the city where i live never raises over 25 centigrade degrees?

Is a 7,500km oil change interval too short?

Thanks and have a nice day everybody

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joaco
    Hello guys, good evening everybody.

Guys, since we have a turbo engine, wouldn't it be always better to use synthetic oil over semi synthetic?

5w-30 would be better over 10w 40 if the temperature of the city where i live never raises over 25 centigrade degrees?

Is a 7,500km oil change interval too short?

Thanks and have a nice day everybody
    Morning Joaco, you would be better using a fully synthetic oil over a semi as the heat from a turbo engine can quickly break down lesser oils. Its down to what Vauxhall recommend for either a 10-40 or 5w30 the 5w 30's are mostly used as a fuel economy oil (less resistance on engine parts etc). You can never change you oil enough, the more you change it the cleaner your engine will be.