Thread: bloody police

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bloody police

although i have been given a ticket for it before, i got another one today, during the day i drive with sidelights on and fogs, my dad always done it since i can remember and i guess i just got in the same habbit. i like to think it helps to make me more visible in shaded lanes in the countryside where i live whith the sun blinding you from the side.

pc kenny (*******) who gave my brother 3 points when he fell off his motorbike on oil and smashed his back light, thinks that they dazzle other road users i thought he was having a laugh being as it was 34degrees this afternoon, clear blue sky, but he was serious, apparantly my fog lights in day time can cause more glare than the sun, really dont know how but it cost me another 30 quid and another caution. bla bla bla, do they not have other more important things to be doing? at one point he was shouting at me and told me im a waste of space and i will never learn.

i thought this to be out of order and told him so, he threatned to send me straight to court for the offence, having my fogs on in the middle of the day, seriously??? i never have them on at night as they do dazzle people but in the day come on.

has anyone else ever had this problem?? its an offence i know and he showed me it in the highway code, but the way i was spoken too?? can they do this, am i being victimised for having a nice car and being a young driver, 5 times in 4 months by the same copper i been pulled!!!!! and he still dont know what car it is. worth making a complaint, he done me for speading last year too, 6mph over the limit and i was in a que of traffic.
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so you drive around in the day with front fogs on during the day ?????? Police has every right to stop and fine you so as for the 'better todo comment' would he have stopped you if you didnt have fogs on ??

I dont agree with the 'blind you more than the sun i find that hard to believe' that sounds like a excuse so he doesnt just have to say keep em off in the day. However this is the second time he has told you about having them on once before and you didnt so he is bound to stop you. Maybe its time to get out of the habbit of having them on unless you like paying fines ???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    he didnt realise the fogs were on till he pulled me up, he came from behind me, pulled me up both went over the car and 1 noticed it, its a regualr thing now. ur right though its looking like it could be an expensive habbit.
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How do you manage to have your side lights and fogs on?

I need my headlights on to turn on my fogs?

I drive with my sidelights on all the time, but fogs are going a bit far. If they are going to start pulling me they will have to pull every volvo in the UK aswell.
    VTEC- Cos 9k RPM is fun

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like they've got it in for you for one reason or another, the only thing you can do is make sure your car is 100% legal and roadworthy, and that your polite to them. Next time they pull you over, they won't have anything to do you for. Driving with fogs on looks shite anyway mate!

There's nothing you can complain about either, he's just doin his job and like it or not...unfortunately, you were in the wrong. I doubt it'd get anywhere.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    always my luck, in the wrong place at the wrong time, every time. like you said jason, i have made sure everything is legal and all my mods are insured so as far as everything else is concerned, im legal, i think im going to take the relay out for the fogs to prevent temptation lol
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I hate to say it but I have no sympathy for you mate under the circumstances you have described.

You DO NOT need to have your fog lights on during the day and at night unless....yes you guessed it, its foggy. Its a non endorsable offence and I think the Police are cracking down on it now cos it seems every 2nd person drives around with their fogs on all the time which is not only dangerous its just chavvy.

Sorry but it had to be said.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    foggy conditions = fog lights on

no fog = no fog lights

the clue is in the name mate

Kirsty

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Id send people with fogs on for no reason to JAIL if I were in charge.. So count yourself lucky
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's also a big ass green light on the dash to tell you the fogs are on. If you didn't see it, you obviously were driving without due care and attention...

Also, assuming you have a Mk4, you have to purposely turn fogs on, because they cancel when you turn off the lights - IE you can't leave them on.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast