Thread: Parking --->> Carparks etc

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Parking --->> Carparks etc

When you park your car in a car park, how do you lot park it? I park fine, away from the door a much as possible to avoid it get a little dent on the side of it?

I hate it when you see kids (sometimes, adults) opening the door of their car, and hitting it of you car, just as you are walking towards it, what exactly can you say to them?

Is there away ways of getting those little dents outa your car yourself?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If this hapened to me i would be having words with the driver! What i do is park right out of the way at the other end of the car park where no one else parks, then take up 2 spaces to be on the safe side! But you will still always end up with some kn*b with kids that will park near you!
    199 BHP 322 lbs/ft Torque from a smokey diesel!!!!

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I try to park as far away from the building as possible, I also try to park on an end so it at least only puts one side of your car at risk.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hullablue
    I hate it when you see kids (sometimes, adults) opening the door of their car, and hitting it of you car, just as you are walking towards it, what exactly can you say to them?
    I think the last time I said "Oy arsehole, what the **** are you doing?" The little kids mother wasn't too happy.

I park in the middle of a huge carpark away from everyone - I come back and EVERYONE has parked right up beside me. Why must people park in a crowd?
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i always try to park over 2 spaces, if its pay and display i pay for 2 spaces too just to keep the warden happy lol if i cant then i take a picture of the cars on either side of me and then if there is any damage when i get back i have got a reg number to give to my insurance to make a claim against them, i only do this because i have had my doors de-seamed and smoothed so there is no protection from bumps atall, and it cost me a bloody fortune to do it.
    but if they damage your car, then they a liable and should cough up the cost of repair!
    learning the hard way

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sometimes there are advantages to taking your son shopping... park close to the store with nice big spaces.

If I'm on my own I do the same tactics - park far from the popular area and over 2 spaces if practical - strangley the Focus gets parked close to the store in the tightest spaces!
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This really anoys me, i'm like you lot, I park miles away from the store, and park on an end tight up to the kerb or planter.

The only problem with this is your away from everyone else, meaning your car is more easier to break into! You cant win!
    Sold my Astra to buy a house.

Now drive a 205 GTI 2.0 16v

Cheap and Chearfull!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    park next to a brand new one or one that looks well looked after - i have found these owners tend to have some respect for door opening

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Watched some daft bint open the back door of her zafira to let her brat in and whack the door off the car parked next to it - then she reversed out and hit a car behind her before driving off.

I mean wtf?

I hate parking in car parks at all - but I always park at the far end away from other people.

Also one time I was sitting in the car waiting for the gf and some old boy in a punto drove in next to me and smacked his door off my car - I jumped straight out and gave him a piece of my mind, luckily for him it hit the bump strip and there was no damage.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joem_565
    i always try to park over 2 spaces, if its pay and display i pay for 2 spaces too just to keep the warden happy lol if i cant then i take a picture of the cars on either side of me and then if there is any damage when i get back i have got a reg number to give to my insurance to make a claim against them, i only do this because i have had my doors de-seamed and smoothed so there is no protection from bumps atall, and it cost me a bloody fortune to do it.
    but if they damage your car, then they a liable and should cough up the cost of repair!
    wtf ?? do you have a Zonda or sommat ? tad OTT there ! regardles if you pay for 2 parking spaces what about other people who cant find one and some greedy T*** has 2 ?

also what if one of the cars you take a pic of goes and 3 more people park next to you in the mean time ? you wont know which car it is anyway so bit pointless really !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast