Thread: Magnex or powerflow?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Magnex or powerflow?

On my old Astra G i had a magnex backbox which looked great on the car but had very little sound.Also when i had the car checked over for mods from a local garage they told me the back box was a 1.75" pipe and the standard pipe runing in was a 2" pipe so i'd be lossing some power.

Now i have a new Astra G and dont no what to go for.I dont no anyone with a a Astra G so or anyone thats had a powerflow backbox or cat back fitted.

Was wondering if uz guys could give me some advice on which would be best or if there is something better i should go for.

Cheers
    Give it some Sport

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Buy Magnex over Powerflow mate - i had to have my powerflow cat back system changed and my car was actually losing power with it!!

had a magnex system on an earlier car and couldnt complain - the finish and sound/performace was all good

Go Miltek though if you can afford it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers bud
    Give it some Sport

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    magnex all day long i want one for mine but they dont do a coupe one :-(
    astra coupe now sold and driving fiesta ST now sold and awaiting mk3 astra to arrive

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    janspeed have always been the best imho. i had a fully custom made system on my C20XE nova and it was awesome. sounded really nice, not too loud and burbled a bit rally-stlyee on deceleration.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers JohnnyD,i'll add them to the list.
    Give it some Sport

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no probs... i've heard a lot of people talking about powerflow systems going rusty around the welds due to them using a lower grade stainless steel or something. i've not had any personal experience of this but it's enough to put me off them.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyD
    no probs... i've heard a lot of people talking about powerflow systems going rusty around the welds due to them using a lower grade stainless steel or something. i've not had any personal experience of this but it's enough to put me off them.
    Yep, only get exhaust systems that are high quality stainless steel (grade 304 if I remember correctly). From what i've heard Powerflow use a lower grade stainless steel.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a powerflow and am perfectly happy with it...

However I only bought this as I could not (at the time) find a reasonably priced system that would not involve hacking about the rear skirt on my car.

If you want a nice bit of noise, how about trying to find a backbox that would work with the remus centre pipe (the one without the centre box in it)
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers guys.I think powerflow used to be a lower grade but they are now the 304 grade the same as magnex.

I think i might go wi the magnex as it looked minted on ma last Astra as it sat nice and close to the bumper.Only thing is i like the sound of the remus centre pipe but im not sure if it will fit.

Another thing wi the exhaust sytem is im not sure if my cat is in a different place fae ma old one.I had a 2000 SXi and now have a 2004 Sport i saw the cat on the old cat when it was on the ramps but when i was getting ma shocks fitted to ma new car i asked for a price on a powerflow system and was told it was more expensive as the cat is up near the engine now!

I dont realy know much about the engine or the code for it but does this sound right to you guys?

Any help would be very welcome

Hers a wee pic of ma old car wi the Magnex back box(not the best pic due to the poor light)

Give it some Sport

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast