Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Audi RS3 ???????????

Hi,

Does anyone have any info or pics of this new audi RS3?

Ive heard its gonna be awesome, but ive been waiting for ages and i carnt find any info on it. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything of this new one?

Its not been cancelled has it ?

regards

Jon

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RS3 is coming out first in Germany in 2006 pushing 350-hp with a 3.2-liter V6, this hatchback is on a freakin mission. It will powered with a turbo and FSI direct-injection technology, with a 6 speed dual-clutch transmission, with paddle shifters. The RS3 will have S4 style brakes and the Quattro four-whell drive system. This hatchback will have the one piece grill, larger intakes, a deep spoiler, just an aggressive look to it.

I think the one to keep your eyes open for is the Audi A5

We finally get a good look at the Audi A5, and shes beautiful. Audi will be adding this sometime in 2007. The A5 expands Audi’s arsenal with it being a 2+2 coupe, which will work out well for people that want more room than the TT provides. The coupe will only offer V6 engines, which look to be the 3.2 and the 3.6 FSI models. I really wanted to see a turbo’d engine option, but I will have to be happy like it’s a real heart breaker....
    Cleanest car awarded 'Fast Show' 2006 & 2007

Total Vauxhall featured Sept 2007

COUPE NOW SOLD

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would be very suprised to see te RS3 actually in production - it as been on and off the Audi schedule more times than I've had hot dinners
    Me run tings.... not tings run me!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It will be a corker I reckon.. But only problem is it'll be about £8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 no doubt... It'll be priced along side the new M3.. So hope you boy's have got plenty of cash... lol
    270 Horses.... 1 Jockey!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks very cool. Thanks for the info, top pic not working by the way. 350BHP , Should be awesome. Anymore pics of this monster.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It would be cool if this car finally come out. Its been rumoured for at least 3 years and each time the release has slipped a year.

The pic I have found of it does look most impressive, although looks more like a modd'd German A3 rather than something the Factory would come up with....

There does seem to be some mixed info about on the internet though. Some say single turbo, some say twin turbo. Others say there will be a toned down S3, others saying there won't be. There is also no info on the german Audi site about it. When the newest RS4 came out, you could order it online about 9 months before it was released.
    Join me again next week for another installment of "I make no f**king sense" where I'll be Waxing an owl.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Audi S3 is out first with a 250-260bhp 2.0T FSi. This is also rumoured to be available in the Sportback 5dr as well.

If it is, I will PX our A3 2.0T for one!!

The RS3 should be coming out but it may be 2008 before we get it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS
    Audi S3 is out first with a 250-260bhp 2.0T FSi. This is also rumoured to be available in the Sportback 5dr as well.

The S3 being that sort of power doesn;t surprse me tbh. The Golf 30th anniversary model is coming out with 230bhp from the same engine and Audi always gets a bit more power out of the engines they and VW share (Original R32 engine in golf = 240, R32 Engine in 3.2 audi's = 255 bhp).

I would be a little surprised if an RS3 engine has a 3.2 litre turbo engine tbh. I would be more inclined to think it will be a Dual Charged 2litre 16v or share the new R36 3.6 litre engine from the golf in a couple of years time.

At the end of the day, it will be in the hothatch market with the Focus ST's, Astra VXR's, Golf GTI's and Honda Civic Type R's. It doesn;t need to have well over 300bhp. Those cars are not even touching 250bhp. A 350bhp car will rival the M3, but it will also take sales away from the RS4, the M3's natural rival.
    Join me again next week for another installment of "I make no f**king sense" where I'll be Waxing an owl.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the RS3 goes into production my name will be high up on the waiting list, well as long as we weren’t talking stupid stupid money.
    towerstimes.co.uk

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS

Matt I heard it was the other way round in that the RS3 (in 2006/2007) and then the S3(late 2007 early 2008 ) and that it is definately going to be offered in the Sportback. Prices from what I have heard for this in Germany equate to starting price of approx £32K and the engines to be used will be the same as that in the current 3.2 with the addition of a single turbocharger for the RS3 and the normally aspirated 3.2 in the S3 with increased power over the standard A3 3.2.