Thread: Astra 2.0 dti

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra 2.0 dti

Hey i'm a new member and thought i'd come try find out about the car i'm after hopfully someones has one its an astra 2.0 dti sxi on a 52 plate with 51 thou and he is wanting 6k for it i currently drive a corsa b sport 16 16v, i had a test drive in the car and its alot more roomy thats the mainthing im looking for but is there many tuning options for this model and is 6k a good price? and obiously i couldnt put the car through its paces or the guy would of freaked out is it a quick car it felt like it could be but thats only the bottom end lol what can these actually get upto or what are they 'booked' at? also ive never had traction control before is it any good?

p.s site looks cool.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Firstly welcome to AS mate. The 2.0DTi is quite a nippy car. The best person to speak to is RoyalWithCheese as he has a 2.0DTi and I'm pretty sure his is an SXi also.

EDIT: Been on Parker's. See below
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Parker's guide values the same car with 30k on the clock
    private in good condition - £5445
    Franchise dealer - £6780
    Independant dealer - £6285

All details from parker's are HERE

Hope this helps mate
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm also a 2.0DTI 16v owner, however mine is a van rather than a car.. I don't know how much they differ.. looks wise obviously mines a van but i'm guessing they're about the same amount of urmph as they're simular weight..

Its a seriously underestimated piece of kit.. for a diesel.. your little saxo vtrs and stuff are left standing. Only thing you'll find is first gear is REALLY short.. after that.. in comes the pull and off you go. All the way to 100 it pulls really nice, no lag when you get to 70 or anything like that.

Not a touch on the Z20LET's or anything like that, but its a good little motor.

Dunno what else to say, any other questions i'll do me best to answer and i'm sure RoyalWithCheez will come along soon enough.
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to a/s bonk mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine's a 52-plate, 5 door SXi 2.0 DTi. I bought it for £6800 last September with 32k on the clock. It now had 45k on the clock, it's pulled an average of 41mpg since I got it, doing mostly inner city driving.

Tuning wise, there's not much other than the usual airbox mods, and a remap which normally take it to 130hp & 210lb/ft which is pretty much the same as the 2.2DTi.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for that the guy ill hopfully be buying it off is claiming 58 mpg motorway miles which sounds about right with inner city miles from what ZS is saying tuning wise seems pritty poor but i'm sure ill find things as i go on if i do decide to purchase it, its a nice car black 3 door and not been molested which is the main thing but the only thing puttin me off is the BHP i'd expect more than 100 really but its a diesel but will be considering it very hard and thank you guys for the imput.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    55mpg is about right for motorway miles on mine. 41mpg average still gets at worst 420 miles to the tank. I have seen over 600 miles from a tank. Compare that to my previous Astra, a 1.6 8v which never got more than 280-320 miles to a tank.

I don't think my particular car is very good as far as fuel economy, as it's quite smoky. I don't drive it easy either, I always shoe it off the line which kills fuel economy.

As for the horsepower, I wouldn't worry about that too much. There's only 100hp, but there's over 170lb/ft torque. Means 5th is usable from about 30mph. Mine will accelerate from 30mph right to it's top speed of 120mph without having to change from 5th.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick enough standard. I would say a remap transforms the car completely. Midrange is decent enough. I often just cruise on the motorway at 60mph.. which is when i get the real fuel ecomony. Oh and diesels smoke.. so get used to it Smokes more with a remap at low revs if u floor it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm anyway of keeping them abit clear atleast lol??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast