Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Chance of a more south meet next month?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Any Chance of a more south meet next month?

Hi, just wondering if where gonna have a more south meet this time, and if anybody else would be interested?
    Astra Coupe Turbo Edition
    230bhp remap air and exhaust mods

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jon as discussed before, the next meet will be west yorkshire (maybe over the hills towards Skipton/Ilkley way as we never touch that part of the region) south will prob be after that.

we do rotate the region (the last meet was york and the one before that was Doncaster) and we havent had a meet for a while granted but it is show season and people cant always afford both shows and meets.

Chris is getting a list of dates together so keep your eyes peeled for the next meet.
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a south meet will be cool, infact a south region would be better. we've lost a few members from the south IMO. Not many of the guys who were at the old post office meets attended the meets in York i went to. I know i won't travel to them anymore. where's Dean? Carl? Browny? Astra 59ORT? etc etc?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    astra sport, Chris, is busy with his house etc, dean is busy with his plastering business, browny aint seen him online for a long time.

there is no need for a south region - you cant please everyone and some are harder to try and please than others!

the next south region meet will prob be august time.

and as we have always said you go to the yorkshire meets you want to - So simon if you dont want to go to any others than south that is fine
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon DS
    where's A5TRA 59ORT?
    I'm still here.

as Hev has said i have got a lot on at the moment and not a lot of money

just finished uni,
    am moving house next thursday
    and i have not done a single days work since the end of april (alright for some i here you shout).

I start work on the 3rd july so will get paid on the 1 august then i should have some spare cash to start attending meets and supporting the comunity again.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i ain't hard to please Hev. just making an observation if that's okay?. The members list shows loads of people from the 'south' who i haven't seen. I was simply wondering if it was because of the distance to the northern meets? Of course i can choose which meets to attend it's just yorkshire is a LARGE area and an 1 hr drive to the meet, plus the 1 1/2 run to scarborough plus the 1 1/2 to 2 hr drive home is a real pain. for me the meets are to meet people not spend 4 hours driving listening to the radio.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    of course it's fine Simon, I dont have a problem with you saying how you feel.

I dont think it is all relevant to distance I think there is other factors, some people came once never to come back again - Trevor with the silver mk4 with tribal graphics came to one meet and never came back, because the convoy leader at that time shot off and left a few people who didnt know where they where going behind. The last South meet had a fair few new members - Dean came along and a few others. I spoke to Rob 1.816v on Saturday he is moving back up north shortly and is only too happy to pop along back to meets.

I know I pm all members when there is a meet (or as many as I can) but you can't force people to attend. I do try and keep in touch with members between meets as well.

I have ALWAYS said for me the meets are about the people, yes I show an interest in the cars but have met some great people while enjoying each others cars.

Granted Yorkshire has been quiet of late, there are reasons for this, I quit, Chris has been very very busy and it's right in the middle of show season and the world cup (which does have a bearing).

as I said yorkshire operates on a rotation so that there will be a meet near to each area of yorkshire. Doncaster was the southern one, when we went skating, the last one was north Yorkshire, then pickering show cropped up, so the next one is west and the one after will be south. we try to have these meets as central we can to each specific area of yorkshire. So it's all about patience.

it's hard to strike a happy medium (some people like to sit in a pub all meet, others like to go for a drive) - thats up to the individuals that attend - no-one is forced to do anything.

if anyone wants to pm me with any concerns then dont hesitate to do so - you all know by now I am very approachable and will try my best!
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not having a go at you Hev (or chris). it's just i know that there are members past and present who would like to be more active but aren't able due to the distances for the meets. having to wait 3 months for one in your area (if not cancelled for a show - then it could be 6 months!) is a problem i don't know how to solve right now. It certainly makes your interest wane in the club. Yorkshire is a large area. A local meet would enable you to pop along even if for a hour to meet 'friends' and say hello to some of the genuinely nice members we have before they went for the 'drive'

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Drives
    Astra J Bi Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    which members are you relating to? have you spoken to them personally? I'd like to know who they are so that I can get in touch with each of them directly. Chris and I are both approachable, so not sure why they wouldnt say anything to us.

Yorkshire is a large area granted, and this is why I am saying patience is important. take for instance Jamie (Jammy) he goes to every meet, regardless of where it is, because he loves the meets, that is his personal choice. We cant also have meets on every members doorstep's - there is going to be travel involved wherever we have them. We have to give the rotation thing a fair trial which to be honest it hasnt had.

trying to keep everyone happy is a full time job - I tried my best when I was RO and I know Chris does now, but we have to face the reality that you just cant do that all the time.
    Astra J Bi Turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes i spoke to them, no i'm not going to name them and speak for them, that's upto them to do. we know you try your best. i am not suggesting a meet on the doorstep. but there is a solution surely? obviously this a no win subject and i'm leaving it there. bye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast