Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another mobile phone question...

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another mobile phone question...

Right. We have never had a contract phone before.......ahhhhhggghhhh! There are sooooooo many options!!!

My basic needs are:

1. I don't use huge amounts - about 20 a month

2. I like the idea of calling any network, or landline at any time.

3. I was recommended the Flext deal by T mobile in Carphone Whorehouse yesterday...anyone know of this or know of something better?

4. I probably text more than talk...

5. What the heck are these cashback offers you can get? How do they make their money? (In other words - wheres the catch??)

Thank you so very much

From a very confused lady

Mrs Kitchpoo
    Jo
    x
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on your area and coverage. I've been with every network and can't fault orange but hear that three are gettin better now.
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...iewmyastra.jpg
    Back on standard alloys for now....ICE installed

Any guys from Oxford area give me shout!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It depends where you live, my mate in Gorleston swears by Vodaphone as it gives the best coverage, it's certainly true near Cromer too.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Vodafone have the best coverage in the UK, so can't fault them for that. Also the 'Stop the clock' contracts are very good (talk for upto 60 minutes and only get billed for 3)
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use Orange Talk120 with 90 texts added on a 12month contract. All in all I get 120 mins a month (Which I never use...) and 90 texts a month for 25 a month, half price for the first 6! . They gave me 50 cashback as well which meant they just gave me a 50 credit on my bill, not exactly cash back but its four months line rental . I think their coverage is brilliant too. Went with Vodafone and Virgin briefly but wasnt impressed at all. Never used T-Mobile so couldnt comment. And I though 3 was appalling
    Astra 1.8 SRi, Z18XE, 5 Door, Star Silver ---RIP 18/12/2006---
    Vectra B 2.0 DTi LS

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i have both an O2 and vodaphone (work mobile). Where i live vodaphone is awful, use my personal mobile more than work one as can barely get a signal on voda.

O2 online contract is pretty good, not sure on what they do now but i am paying 35 a month (inc insurance against lost theft or damage to phone). Thats gives 500 texts, 200mins any network any time, 500 mins of wap, and 0.5mb of gprs, think they still sell this contract.

EDIT just looked on O2 and there contracts don't seem as good now, and they are now 18 month deals not 12.

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle247
    i have both an O2 and vodaphone (work mobile). Where i live vodaphone is awful, use my personal mobile more than work one as can barely get a signal on voda.

O2 online contract is pretty good, not sure on what they do now but i am paying 35 a month (inc insurance against lost theft or damage to phone). Thats gives 500 texts, 200mins any network any time, 500 mins of wap, and 0.5mb of gprs, think they still sell this contract.

EDIT just looked on O2 and there contracts don't seem as good now, and they are now 18 month deals not 12.
    The do both 12 and 18 month contracts.

Swear by o2 online. Been with them for over 2 years and only had one problem, which was my / my banks fault.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/shop/o2uk/jsp/t...riff.do?menu=y

Choose a period: 18 or 12 months [18 months is better value for money as you get more free minutes / texts for your money, yet you pay more over all, unless you intend to stay with o2 anyway]

Choose a tarif: They do specilised tarrifs for "texters" or "talkers"

Example: Texter = 150 xnetwork anytime mins 750 texts 25/pm
    Talker = 200 x network anytime mins 150 text 25/pm

Choose a phone: All the latest phones

Select extras: Ie. insurance, boltons etc

EDIT: They also do "sim only" contracts which you can cancel at anytime. I currently get 1000 mins and 1000 texts for 20 a month. Doesnt include a phone though.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle247

This is the contract i have with them for 12 months and whilst i have been with them a few years, i only pay 15 per month for this. Plus you get the 02 treats which is extra minutes or Texts for Free. That includes Free upgrades too, i just haggled with some bloke on the phone!

Have a look in the back of national papers, i always seemed to get better deals there...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont go with '3' Ever how good the offer looks. i so wish i had stuck with o2.
    Chopper666

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a good deal with orange, 1000 texts, 120 mins for 25 per month
    Got a feeling there is a cheaper one for 20 a month with 500 texts and 120 mins.

Would highley recomend orange personally, never had a problem with customer service, have been with o2, and well one person on the phone was rude to me so I left them lol,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast