Thread: traction control help..again

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy traction control help..again

Recently i was having a problem with my t/c & abs light staying on. I was told it might of been a faulty AFM. However the problem went away so i ignored it. Today the t/c light was coming on when i was parking?? When the clutch was released slowly in forward and reverse the light would come on at the biting point and would make a slight grinding knocking sound. Any1 have any ideas, just spent money gettin my kit fitted and this happens...great.

thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unlikely to be the AFM I'd say, most other peoples problem with ABS & TC lighting was traced to a dicky hub sensor. Mine does it occasionally, try disconnecting the hub sensor wires, N/S usually, and cleaning everything up, get rid of any blue crud on the terminals, spray liberally with some WD40 and see if that sorts it out. It's cheap as well

Biting point could be caused by the wheels moving slightly so tripping the hub sensor off. No idea on the sound but could be clutch related.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate. just tried it again. sounds like the same sort of noise you get when your abs is goin off. My abs has been goin when im slowing down gently at junctions feels pretty scary. Maybe new hub needed right enough but i'll give it a clean up first.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just in case
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vauxhall-astra...QQcmdZViewItem

Same seller, same item was £8.50 less a few weeks ago
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    spot on mate, thanks again