Thread: test drove an S3 today

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

test drove an S3 today

local Nissan dealer had a sensibly priced '02 low miliage one so thought I'd go check it out. Keep umming and arring over them, but never quite sure on styling which looks just a touch dated from some angles.

very impressed with the build quality, got some very nice touches inside which I kind of expected. Performance was about the same as my car with more traction, no surprises there.

may well have bought it if it was grey, but it was Nogaro blue, which looks a bit @rse IMO.

still undecided as my car is very new and these things are like 3-4 years old

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I really like them, but I know what you mean about them feeling a little dated now. They also seem to be rather expensive for their age. Must be one of the few cars I'd actually consider buying in yellow

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice cars but I wouldn't swap the LCR for one unless you are seeking big power tbh.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very nie cars, my mate has a yellow one. Very nice cars indeed, his is a 2001 Y, facelifted model but still with the 210bhp rather than the later 225bhp. His also has the full leather, Bose stereo and piano black dash styling. Woldnt think twice about owning one, my only issue would be the cost, although they have came down a bit but not by much, a nice later edition at sensible money would be a good buy. Its styling does look dated in areas, however personally speaking I still prefer the looks over the current A3 series. Only thing I was unsure about on the car is the haldex 4x4 system, as it runs front wheel drive most of the time it only brings the rear wheels into play when the front ones detect slip and I found it a bit "jerky" the first few times rather than the smoothness of the permenant 4x4 cars.

Not the best pic but:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mate at the bottom of the Street has a black one, he let me drive it the other day... on private ground of course Has a List of mods, 19" wheels, Lower Strut brace, Top strut brace, Sits on Coilovers but is set to standard ride height thank to spring loaded bumps at his work, Remap and Remus?? i think Exhaust, Sits at 260bhp, Car handles well, It's quick and goes round corners like it's on rails,

Wouldnt mind one myself.. Havent got a good pic of it but you can just see it in the background of this pic...

Stanceworks.com.... Low IS a Lifestyle

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Id only go for one of the high powered diesles 1.9 / 2.0 or the 3.2 quatro if I was after an A3.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I much prefer the newer shape A3 exterior, not seen much of the inside so couldn't comment. A 3.2 quattro would be

The car a looked at was up at Ł14,500 just dropped from Ł15,000 so one of the more sensibly priced ones. Some Audi main dealers still ask way way too much for these cars considering whats out there with the same performance these days.

Dave I never noticed any jerky drive swapping going on, I wasn't giving it death, and it was very warm and dry.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The haldex can be upgraded for about Ł500 fitted makes it a totally different car
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i do like em

and they can be tuned to silly power
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My mate's got a 1.8T A3 and it goes like s**t off a stick. Very impressed with it
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast