Thread: HID Kit Question

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HID Kit Question

Im thinking of buying a kit. just curious. Will this be for just the main beam and the full beam. so basically the main beam and full beam will be a bluey colour? also will these fit any car, as I am buying them for a mercedes? whos most reputable to buy them from ebay?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can fit HIDs wherever u want. Most ppl just fit them in the dipped beam and leave the main beam as standard halogen items. ** Just to let u know that main beam and full beam is the same thing! The main driving lights are known as 'dipped beam' and these are what the standard HID upgrade are for. As for the 'bluey colour' you describe....not all HIDs are blue. Most aftermarket kits come in 4 varying grades of colour and light intensity these are 6000K (intense white light), 8000K (intense white light with a hint of blue), 10000K (blue tint) & 12000K (purple tint) - Most ppl will go for 6000K whereas personally I have 8000K. Please also note that the light output suffers the further you go up the Kelvin scale so 6000K is brightest and 12000K the least bright. I know someone who has 12000K and has a twin kit i.e fitted 2 kits - one for the dipped beam & another for the main beam, but to be honest the 1 kit is sufficient for everyday use.

HIDs can be fitted to any car as the kits come in various different bulb sizes...please note that bulb length is slightly longer than OE units and therefore some modifications maybe necessary to existing headlamps to make them fit...just little mods though - nothing major.

Price wise you're looking at anything from £100 upwards - personally I paid £136 incl. delivery from a reputable online seller on eBay and includes a 2yr guarantee. The seller in question doesnt have any HID kits for sale at present but to be honest just do a search and see what u come across - look out for good warranty and aftersales.

What exact model & year is this to go on?

*** One more thing.... you posted this in General Astra Chat - yet its a question relating to a Merc & aftermarket lighting??? oh well eitherway hopefully the above is of some use.