Thread: Jamie bulger.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jamie bulger.

It has come to my attention, that Jon venables and robert thomson are due to be released soon, they are to be given new names and taken to australia where they will start their new lives.

Now my question is this, should these boys (although on 10years of age when the crime was committed) be let out early to live a new life after savagly beating a 3 year old with stones etc, throwing paint in his eyes and sticking a battery up the childs anus and leaving him to be run over by a train... Or Do you think there is no other choice for them other than to be released halfway through their sentance and given a new life to avoid persocustion!

I am stuck with this one part of me says they should rot and part of me says, well they were only 10 yrs old and never knew any better (although by then you should know better and you should know right from wrong especially where another human life is involved)

Any way //ISCUSS
    -.. . - . -.-. - .. ...- . / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / -.. . .- -.. ?

SXi Stu
    is this a wise thread?? can see it causing arguments. Persoanlly dont know what to think, if you keep them in prison for the rest of their life they'll jus be a drain on the state, let them out in Britain and they'll prob be attacked by the press and end up dead/injured themselves. Send them to oz and it's spending tax payers money to send them somewhere nice................. I could go on.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i thought they were already out - one of them has already fathered a child and the girlfriend obviously doesnt know his past, the 2 friends also have to be seperated from each other for the rest of there lives last time i read summit about this

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally I wont comment in detail on this one and I too think it maybe a bad idea starting this thread but lets see what the mods think!
    Deep down I want the 2 guys to rot in hell for the inhumane acts they did but another side of me thinks that we all deserve a 2nd chance...Dont get me wrong I dont always think like this - its just a slight afterthought when I say they should rot in hell.

SXi Stu
    it's a hard one because they were very young when they done it, and they could be completely different now, without knowing them it's hard to comment fairly. Now if they were to do anything similar again I would feel completely different and I would happily join to mob with burning torches and pitch forks!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They've been out for a while... surely?
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought they've been out quite a while. There was definately this discussion ages ago, and I'm sure it was when they were released.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thompson and Venables were released on a life licence in June 2001 after serving eight years of their life sentence (reduced for good behaviour), when a parole hearing concluded that public safety would not be threatened by their rehabilitation into society. An injunction was imposed shortly after the trial preventing the publication of details about the boys for fear of reprisals by members of the public. The injunction remained in force following their release so that details of their new identities and locations could not be published.

Source - Wicky Woo
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Source is deffo a bit of a lying scumbag! Hmmm should have checked myself!

Ah well
    -.. . - . -.-. - .. ...- . / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / -.. . .- -.. ?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Them 2 Sick T++ts will get whats coming to them.
    What people don't realise is that there are English people all over the world, someone somewere will reconise one of them.

I've got family from around that area were James was killed and people are still disgusted about what happened even now! Now i agree they were only kids at the time, but thats no excuse to do what they did to that little boy. Sorry if i'm waffling on but i think it's terrible they've been let out and they should have been but up against a wall and shot!

You Watch that Ian Huntley will be the next to be let out.

Lowey.
    1.8 Astra Coupe Lightening Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast