Thread: Gsi Mk3

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gsi Mk3

If you wanted to buy a Mk3 Gsi Astra what one would you go for? Ie the Red Top version or the Eco Tech version. Also what colour would you pick. I was just thinking about getting another red Gsi like my old one. I think they are mint little cars . I would like to get the Red Top version about an M reg. The thing with the Eco Tech version is that the shell will probably be more better. This is my old one................

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks nice that!
    I have always been told that the redtop is the one to go for, not quite sure why though. Are they slightly more powerful?
    There is usually a few on Ebay with the redtop in that have had new arches etc so look in decent condition.
    Yea get one, I have had mine 10 months now and I love it more and more each day!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes the red top version is quicker at 150 Bhp. I think the Eco Tech one is about 136 Bhp. I have missed my Gsi since it left, even my girlfriend has missed it. I have had some nice Mk4 Astras, but the Gsi was special .

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I always wanted one since they first came out all them years ago and then my mate bought one but he hated it (said exhaust was too loud, the big girl) so wanted rid and offered it me for a lot less than it stood him at!!
    I wont get rid for ages now, until I can afford the next car I want but wont mention what that is on a vauxhall forum haha

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Always liked the GSI in that shape

Lowey.
    1.8 Astra Coupe Lightening Silver

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    id deffinetly have the redtop version... would never buy a mk3 gsi phase2!
    Star Silver Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There are pros and cons to both. Whilst the C20XE is faster, it's also pretty harsh and noisey. The XEV is a smoother and far more refined engine. They are not that disimilar in torque and once rolling, don't feel too different. The XEV is now as tuneable as the old XE.

MK3 GSi phase 2s are very sweet. Wack a set of HT3s on there and they look very nice indeed. Come with aircon as standard and don't come with half as much rust as the older ones.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away