Thread: Astra convertible turbo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra convertible turbo

Hi all just bought an 02 plate astra convertible turbo, one owner from new fvsh 60k on the clock is there anything is should be checking for, planning on getting the vxr turbo and smic for now,lowered with 18/19s and a gsi bumper, also what size wheels will go on if its lowered by 30mm, i want 19s just not sure if it will rub. And i will be selling the front bumper with irmscher spoiler on and the 17 inch 5 spoke alloys what are they worth and sorry another question how much should i pay for leather and anyone know of an interior for sale. Sorry for all the questions im new to astras and turbos after recently selling my 3.0 vec which is in this months tv, so im used to modding cars just not these lol

Thanks

David

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You probably know it anyway but check the service history and see if another one is due.. if it is get that done and sort out any problems they have with it. May also be worth getting the AA or RAC to do one of them 100 point checks for you as its more in-depth, then you'll know if your starter car really is worth chucking a hell of a load of hard earned cash into.

19's and 30mm should be ok in the arch's, depending on width of wheel, however just take them speedbumps a little slower for your bumpers sakes.
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the bumper if its in good condition should raise about £150 ish and the wheels should get to around £300-£400 so long as the tyres are good.

IIRC, 18's fit straight on and 19's most likely would too, but someone will correct me if I am wrong...

the leather is fiddly. sometimes there is some on here or on ebay but you will be paying close to £500 for a decent set. why not look out for the half leather? its just as good IMO.

check when the timing belt was last done. they should be done every 40k miles with new tensioners and a new water pump. make sure the oil has been changed regularly with proper stuff, not cheapo stuff (search for 'oilman' on here to find the one best suited)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for all the help so far guys, ive never seen half leather i would prob prefer that so if anyone knows of any full/half leather or any of the other bit i need give me a shout cash waiting

Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pardon the mess..... thats cream alcantara. blue is available too and not sure about any others

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    will it fit in the convertbile though ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Coupe interior will not fit a convertible, rear seats vastly different.

judging by your plans, you're not affraid to spend a few quid, so it would be far better to get a leather retrim than trying to source Vauxhall leather. You'll end up with better quality interior

You should get a good price for those 17's mate, c£400 with good tyres

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i,ve got 19's on my coupe and its lowered 30mm, no rubbing at all mate

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys whats the ride like on the coupe/convertible with 19s and lowered on my vectra it was so harsh it spoilt the car is it the same with these if so i'll probs go for 18s

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legoman
    Coupe interior will not fit a convertible, rear seats vastly different.
    I didnt realise that, but thinking about it, it makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast