Thread: Ebay help!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Ebay help!

I have an account with Ebay, which I never use, I signed up a while ago now. I've just got an email from them, but I don't know whether it's actually from them or a hoax Can someone help? I've pasted everything from the email below.
    ------------------------------------------------------

From : <support@ebay.reply-msg625.com>Sent : 10 June 2006 05:50:20To : <lisaeeyore@hotmail.com>Subject : RE: Message for update your ebay account! - 4796314|||InboxEBAY SECURITY NOTIFICATIONSecurity Service!Dear lisaeeyore@hotmail.com:
    When people break our policies, violate consumer trust and the law of the land, eBay and PayPal work with law enforcement throughout the world to apprehend and prosecute fraudsters. Our diligence in this area is evidenced by the arrests that are made and the trust that is built both within the community and with law enforcement. Most importantly, we do this without compromising our commitment to our member's privacy. eBay, Inc., has established a Fraud Investigations Team (FIT) to promote safe use of our platforms, and to collaborate with law enforcement throughout the world to enforce policies, prosecute fraudsters and help keep our Community safe.
    Valued eBay Member,
    We are contacting you to remind you that on 08 JUN 2006 we identified some unusual activity in your account coming from a foreign IP address :capitol.guatemala-203-pc.in ( IP address located in India ) . We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen and involved in fraudulent transactions, or that there were additional problems with your card.
    According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be marked as fraudulent , and will remain open for investigation. You will pay for the fees wich will result from the financial transactions between eBay and FIT ( Fraud Investigations Team ) .
    https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&co_partnerId=2&pUserId=&sitei d=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsingSSL=yes

eBay's Privacy Policy and Law Enforcement Disclosure: We care deeply about the privacy of the eBay community and will protect the privacy of our members even while working closely with law enforcement to prevent criminal activity. If you are unsure about our privacy practices, please visit eBay's Privacy Central for more information.

This eBay notice was sent to member from eBay International AG. Your account is registered on www.ebay.com. As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will send you required notifications about the site and your transactions. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
    Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
    User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its a genuine one - you will get 2 emails - one to ur normal email inbox & one to ur ebay inbox. might be best off sending it to spoof@ebay.co.uk and see what happens.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As above - if it's real you'll have a copy in your ebay message folder

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I'll go and have a look, but I don't know what they're going on about with the card situation. I don't even use it. Plus I don't remember my username and password

Can I get in trouble even though I know nothing about what they're talking about in the email?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh my god... Cheeky f**ks! I just logged in and look what it's asking for

Account Confirmation: Security MeasuresHelp 1.Member Sign InSecurity Measures3. Log Out Hello, lisa8122
    To complete account confirmation, please enter information about your credit or debit card. Important: Your information is protected on eBay's secure servers and Privacy Policy. Credit or debit card number Expiration date -Month- 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 -Year- 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Card Identification number This is the 3-digit number on the back of your card. For American Express use the 4-digit number.
    Learn more Card ATM PIN This is the 4-digits number used at ATM.
    Enter again ATM PIN Important: A valid email address is required to complete account confirmation. Email address Examples: myname@yahoo.com, myname@example.com, etc. Type characters as shown in the box

Surely that isn't Ebay? It must be a hoax! They're asking for my pin number

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    delete it as when you click the link it will ask for your personal details including account no / login and the likes.

as geordie says send it to spoof!!!
    My ambition is to live forever,.. so far so good

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you just beat me to it
    My ambition is to live forever,.. so far so good

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks peeps Just sent it to the spoof email addy. Thanks for that Geordie.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That e-mails total utter b*llshit ...

Delete it right now. eBay would never send e-mails like that ... and especially ask for your bloody ATM pin! .. wtf.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know! I realised that when I clicked the link and it asked me for it. I sent it to the spoof email and addy and they replied and I just deleted that email.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast