Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Fibre Glass

Hi,

I've seen a cracking rear bumper and side skirts I would love but they are made of fibre glass, and I've heard some nightmare stories about fibre glass body kits.

Now my question is I know that the side skirts will be open to all sorts of damage and they are risky but how risky is it having a fibre glass rear bumper?

It's not going to be near the ground, even with hte car lowered it's still going to be a big chunk of air between it and the road. So other than someone rear-ending me and cracking it to pieces how suseptible is it going to be to getting damage?

What are your good and bad experiences/thoughts/opinions on fibre glass body kits?

Thanks!
    Crazy little Scottish lass!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tbh 80% of all body kits are made from GRP/Fibreglass no one else has any major issues unless they drive into potholes/hit things/hit more potholes...etc

shouldn't be an issue, just make sure its a reputable manufacturer or you will pay silly amounts to get it to fit properly. Some GRP kits aren't direct kit, some are, depends who is supplying it. Generally they will need to be modded a little bit to fit perfectly.

Skirts aren't really susceptable to any immediate danger other than hitting things like rocks/potholes/low kerbs, basically drive sensibly and you should be OK (obviously sometimes can't be avoided)