Thread: Fitting LED's

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fitting LED's

I am looking 2 make a nice blue LED theme in my car as i hav a Pioneer DEH-P80 MP headunit (see below) and blue LED Clifford warning lights.
    Already know about changing the heating console bulbs 4 LED's but i need 2 know about the window switches, headlight control section, clock and possibly the light behind the speedo dial.
    Any1 know how 2 do this?. I hav seen the units on ebay in blue but they r £30-£50 quid each. Is it worth just gettin these?.
    Also who do i get the LED's from exactly and would i need any special gear (soldiering iron?).

Would changing all this make it 2 blue u think?

Many thanks
    Nick

PS this is a repost from the wrong section
    Arden Blue GSi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in order to change the light switch & window switches u will need soldering skills! the LEDs in these paricular switches are not plug n play like everything else - as far as i know u will need the LEDs themselves and resistors and the switches need to be disassembled and the components soldered into them.
    I personally havent done this mod as I cant really be arsed but I know a man that has....PM "Mentalmarky" or do a search through his posts and you'll see all the gen relating to this.

With regards to the other bits n bobs u want done these are relatively simple. The MFD (Multi Function Display) is a simple mod only 2 (maybe 3 on some high end units) plug n play twist fit LEDs similar to those fitted to the clocks & heater panel.

I dont use LEDs in the whole of my dash as have had varying light output - u can pick them up on ebay but personally I would try and get the gen on the items u need and maybe contact "kirsty" (another member on Astra Sport) who deals in all things LED!

Alternatively u could buy the units already made up on ebay but its entirely upto u. If u think the prices are steep why not email the seller and ask if u can send ur own switches for him/her to modify to LEDs. (I'm sure Oddjob or someone else on here did that - whether or not it was the same ebay seller or not)

Right I'll shutup now...but Good luck whatever u go for. and keep us posted on how u get on.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok thanks 4 the info. Sounds like it might b easier 2 spend on ebay 2 get the finished items and then do the rest myself.
    Anyother experiences would be much appreciated!
    Arden Blue GSi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got mine from www.ultraleds.co.uk there only about £2 each, just go on there and do a search for '509T' thats the ones u want for doing the clocks, mileage mfd etc.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWA
    i got mine from www.ultraleds.co.uk there only about £2 each, just go on there and do a search for '509T' thats the ones u want for doing the clocks, mileage mfd etc.
    if u do a search for ultraleds on here youll see a mixed reaction - a lot of users have had quite a bad experience with this company with a high proportion of bulbs blowing. Obviously if u wanna go for it - its upto u. But if I was getting LEDs again Id defo buy from a trusted source such as AS's very own Kirsty herself. Great light output unlike some of the inferior ones in the marketplace.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Speak nicly to Kirsty and she may solder them for you too

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ill prob get them off her aswell next time if i ever need anymore, just to see what there like. only reason i got them from ultra leds was beacuse u can just pay by card over the net, no problems with mine so far anyway they have been in about 5 month now, nice&bright

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok.. now 2 find Kirsty...
    Arden Blue GSi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)