Thread: The old question!! dump valve!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The old question!! dump valve!!

Ok before anyone tries to shoot me down i have searched and didnt find much on the subject!!

Now lol im already looking at mods before i have even bought the car (you know when uve got the bug!!) and im saying to myself, well only do a few mods! we all know thats not the truth!!

So im hopefully going to get a gsi in the not too distant future and i know most will think its tacky but want a dump valve (wait for the groans!!) as its my first turbo car and at 18 im well chuffed!!

So whats the best aftermarket one to go for. i want loud but not stupid.

i hear the bailey 26 is good?

so reccommendations please and where i can get one!!
    Astra VXR in Star Silver - Officially the 2nd Rarest Colour

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    alright m8.... lil off the subject lol... ur 18, HOW R U GETIN INSURED ON A GSI??? im 18 aswel, lemmie know your secrets haha so i can buy 1 and get insured aswel

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol its all about where you live man! also fronting up a serious amount of wedge for insurance!! like 1800, which ill gladly pay!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    same here man... il hapily pay that!! in jan i shud hav my 1st year on no claims aswel because ive been on my own name since jan last year. and i live in a pretty sweet area tbh... not 2 much crime n that!! u seriously think you can get insured on a gsi coz if so im going to have to get looking!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok 1800 was for an sri turbo, but a gsi is still within reach jus over 2k ish. yeah it is defo possible. need at least one years no claims me thinks. add you mum and/or dad to policy. keep it on a drive, limited mileage, non modifyed ! and you can get reasonable quotes. for the performance they are relatively low insurance grp (15) and vxs are generally q cheap to insure. ive had quotes for rs turbos and the like for 3k +!!! give it a try!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sweet m8... i can easily do that... jus a matter of saving. Coz id keep it on a drive, low miles easy, no modz (hav 2 think about that 1 haha), as i said 1 yr no claims in jan, n my mumz bin drivin 4 bout 20-30 years with about just as much no claims haha.

Cheers 4 the info geeza... btw im really sorry 2 have totally changed the subjet of your thread!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I really really could never pay that much in insurance, its like within a few years you could buy another car again with the money you'd have paid out in insurance, can't believe some people will do it just to have a fast car younger

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I was buying the Coupe, the majority of insurers wouldn't touch me because I was under 21 - have you not had a problem with this? Ended up going for Elephant because they were the only one's who agreed to insure me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah elephant i have got cheapest quotes from, tbh i think its worth paying the money. sure its a hell of a lot but i reallly love my cars, and if paying that money gets me an excellent car thats quick and fun i dont mind!

anyway back to the top wasnt meant to be an insurance thread!! anyone recommend dump valves??