Thread: Possible fly wheel prob?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Possible fly wheel prob?

Ok just before pv i had courtenays flywheel and clutch fitted,now everything seemed to be fine but after driving it a while ive noticed that if i hit full boost (or high in the boost range) and then back of the throttle without changing gear the car jerks then slows down smoothly. It doesnt do it if you drive normaly or low boost only if you nail it then back of the throttle in high boost,i went back to the vauxhalls that fitted it and we went out for a run in it with tech 2 and the mechanic who fitted it and they seem to think its just because the flywheel is that much lighter it slows down so sharply. Has anyone else noticed this with there lightened flywheel or anyone have any ideas? You dont notice it if you change gear when boosting high only if you just back of.
    MK4 888 # 10

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi m8. I fitted my courtenay flywheel & clutch 2 week's ago now. When i first went out i noticed that when i hit full boost the clutch slipped but has gone away now. Must of been cutting fluid on the flywheel. I also have noticed the same as u when u come off the throttle at full boost the car dose jerk a little. The car will slow down quicker when u are not on the throttle due to less mass on the flywheel turning the engine round. But still well worth having 1.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well at least im not the only one was concerned that there may be a prob with the flywheel its self
    MK4 888 # 10